Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bengal ? string wear

Post Thanks / Like

DP, you need to resize the picture. Usually about 25% of this size. Blown up like this makes it very blurry.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    DP, you need to resize the picture. Usually about 25% of this size. Blown up like this makes it very blurry.
    HOLY COW! didn't know it was that big, wasn't displaying like that for me last night. Here is a new one.

IMAG0221.jpg

Don't know if it can come around a little more, or if I should just stick to where the stop is right now. The draw feels pretty good, but a little more wouldn't hurt with the letoff and overall length. I have it set on the 4 hole.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Just a bump to see if anyone knows where the proper stop is for these cams for the cable to be seated into the mod.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one of these cams, but I will take a closer look at my brother in law's Cougar...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to do it in my head without looking at it right now. I'm thinking it needs to come back a little so the minus next to the 1 is more straight up and down. The modules have a taper at the end and I think that "pinch" point is what is giving people the problems. Here is where the thinking happens, so looking at this the draw would need to be a little shorter, but doing so with the draw stop will decrease let-off which isn't the end of the world, but it is short. So I'm thinking I need to change from the 4 hole to 4.5 and then adjust it a shorter with the draw stop. Does that sound right? Doing that will have the module at full draw come back counter clock wise which will bring the cable back into the module channel a little more?

Might be overthinking this

Post Thanks / Like

nope sounds like you're on the right track. Besides, all you can do is try right?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I'm trying to do it in my head without looking at it right now. I'm thinking it needs to come back a little so the minus next to the 1 is more straight up and down. The modules have a taper at the end and I think that "pinch" point is what is giving people the problems. Here is where the thinking happens, so looking at this the draw would need to be a little shorter, but doing so with the draw stop will decrease let-off which isn't the end of the world, but it is short. So I'm thinking I need to change from the 4 hole to 4.5 and then adjust it a shorter with the draw stop. Does that sound right? Doing that will have the module at full draw come back counter clock wise which will bring the cable back into the module channel a little more?

Might be overthinking this
    If I am reading this right dp I believe you are going in the right direction. Full draw set in the module groove not over clocked and the drawstop set to shorten it a little. Making it the most let of you can get.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Might run the bow over to my dad's and have him look at it with me. Try to get my wife to do it but she get's all irritated by it. It makes sense to me, but hard to know until I see it. But I feel pretty confident the taper at the end of the module at the 1 hole is what is causing people's problems and that is where Joel has said the stop is set too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wheres Joel

Wheres Joel maybe he knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Might run the bow over to my dad's and have him look at it with me. Try to get my wife to do it but she get's all irritated by it. It makes sense to me, but hard to know until I see it. But I feel pretty confident the taper at the end of the module at the 1 hole is what is causing people's problems and that is where Joel has said the stop is set too long.
    The problem I had with my Fury Cam was obvious.........there was a sharp ridge at the end of the cam in the groove were the cam came to rest........you could feel it with your finger nail. As soon as I smoothed that out the problem went away..........I saw the same thing on a Bengal that another guy had.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35