Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey boys my limbs sound great

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey boys my limbs sound great

I have a exile from last year and I just got it all set back up and it's still loud as poop. Even last year it was loud but I thought it was just cause I don't have it set up but I have string silencers and a sts on it now and a very nice sexy waxed string and it's quieter that befOr but compared to my buddies matthews and my buddies dads Hoyt and my other friends mission mine is at least 3 times louder than there's. My buddies mission you can't even hear him shoot and his dads is so quiet too but maybe a tad louder than his sons cuz he has the sts smack but I guess my question is when I shoot and like right after I release my bow is really loud idk what it is if it's the sts smach with I think is part of it or if it's the limbs whipping back to normal position is the limbs whipping like that normal or should I call Martin or should I get some limbsavers? Do the limbsavers do a lot? Thanks for help

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely get some limbsavers or limbjax. Also, make sure your string isn't touching the STS when looking at the bow. There should be a 1/16th inch gap or so between the string and the STS. If the string is touching, it's really going to slam into the STS and create alot of noise.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

it's baaaaaack!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Sam, you might want to try moving your sting silencers around to see if that makes any difference, I did that on mine and it helped out a ton. As stated above, make sure your STS is adjusted, and you can even try moving that around and experimenting to see if it gets quieter in different locations. Limbsavers should make a noticable improvement as well. I had one of mine fall off and when I replaced it, I could notice the difference, I went to Dick's sporting goods and picked them up. How heavy are your arrows, maybe try going to a heavier arrow I bought some aluminum arrows which are much heavier than the carbons I was shooting, just to see how much of a difference it would make and it is amazing what extra weight on an arrow does to make the bow quieter.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Check the bow against factory specs for brace height and a2a. Then check the max draw weight. Most times if one of these bows is loud it has to do with cam timing. Advancing the cam normally results in the bow being more quiet and a slightly smoother roll-over. If you post a pic of the cam from the side we might be able to see this and offer more help.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I did all that stuff except motive the silencers but for the limb savers should I get like stick on ones or should I get the ones that pse puts on there bows. I'll try the silencers when I get home. And Ill try messing with the sts more I usually mess with it everytime I shoot cuz I don't like the way it sounds

Post Thanks / Like

What string silencers are you using?
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess another question would be do you have an STS or the SOS? The SOS attaches to the TRG cable slide, and the STS has its own rod lower on the bow. From my experience, switching to the STS and regular cable slide made a big improvement on the sound level of my bow...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Alright well I got home today and shot I moved around the string silencers and messed with the sts and it's still loud and I took off the sts and it was still loud but maybe a little less but I have an idea to fix that and moving the sting silencers did not do much of anything so the question still is what kinda limbsavers should I get and yes it's the sts not the SOS

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh and it's not letting me edit my old post but there leaches I have tried other silencers but I've hated them all these are the best