Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dealers

Why are certain big city archery dealers allowed to be listed as Martin dealers on the Martin dealer locator even though the said dealers in a phone conversation have told me they don't stock Martins anymore and only order if someone requests them. They stock and push Mathews, PSE, Bear, Hoyt ect. Should a dealer who has enough revenue to stock everyone elses bows be allowed to remain a Martin dealer if they are not gonna keep many or any Martin bows in stock for archers to test shoot? I am not referring to the small town shop who can't afford to stock much. I mean the big shops who just don't stock a martin cause they say they don't sell well ect. yet they remain listed as a dealer?

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree with you. I think they should at least have demo bows in their shops. The other side of that coin is, at least they can order them even if they don't stock them. I do wonder how many "dealers" just order them off the internet though........
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree! The dealer I go to has one Martin on the rack covered up with Mathews and Hoyts. Ive been shooting 3D with all the guys from that shop this year, Im the only Martin out of 5 shooters.......so far this year my Pantera has smoked em all!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I tend to agree with you. I think they should at least have demo bows in their shops. The other side of that coin is, at least they can order them even if they don't stock them. I do wonder how many "dealers" just order them off the internet though........
    The issue with that : You need to pay for it up front so they will order it. If you don't like it for some reason or change your mind your stuck with it because it was "special ordered". I run into that in every place that carry bows because NOBODY stocks left handed anything, don't matter which manufacturer for us leftys.
    I really wanted to compare the Silencer and Firecat 360, not one dealer in Nevada and 200 miles into California had anything in left hand.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I also agree! The dealer I go to has one Martin on the rack covered up with Mathews and Hoyts. Ive been shooting 3D with all the guys from that shop this year, Im the only Martin out of 5 shooters.......so far this year my Pantera has smoked em all!
    Rock on dude!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    The issue with that : You need to pay for it up front so they will order it. If you don't like it for some reason or change your mind your stuck with it because it was "special ordered". I run into that in every place that carry bows because NOBODY stocks left handed anything, don't matter which manufacturer for us leftys.
    I really wanted to compare the Silencer and Firecat 360, not one dealer in Nevada and 200 miles into California had anything in left hand.
    Lefty here too I feel ur pain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    Yeah Man, you go git 'em Thermodude.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Mathews , Hoyt , Bowtec, big money and most people ask for what they see advertised.
    and they spend more to get their name in front of people. It doesn't mean their better,
    just better advertised .

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I am a member over at AT and enjoy that site but I am really getting sick of CONSTANTLY having mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, and other name brand companies getting rammed down your throat every second of every day. You seldom if ever hear about Martin, Bear, and others. The only company that's been around a long time that still has a loyal following over there is PSE and I say kudos to them. I always liked PSE as well as Martin. I am glad someone can shut them boys up about their designer bows at least..

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more. We should be informing Martin of each and every dealer who really doesn't even stock their bows. I think this is totally BS. I've also experience the "Martin" dealer who is really just pushing their Mathews equipment, as far superior. Then, when you want to be able to compare the two brands the only thing they have in the shop is a bunch of Mathews bow. "But we can order you one!" Total crap.

Martin has to be the best valued bows on the market right now and we as owners have to pump them up to our fellow archers and change the mind set out there. In this day and age why would I pay $1,000 for a hunting bow when I can buy one that is just as quiet, smooth, functional and Made In the USA for 60 years for less than half the price. In real world economics it doesn't make sense that the boutique companies would still be in business. It's their hype machine that has brainwashed the archers out there that anything else is crap. Why do you think their bows cost so much? Big money for pro shooters, tons of ad dollars for TV shows and sponserships and forum poachers who constantly bombard the internet with hype. Don't believe the hype people, shoot them side by side (if you can find a place to do so) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for allowing me to rant!!
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane