Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealers

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I'm going to try & do my part for advertising tomorrow. Takin the Firecat to it's first 3d shoot, I shoot hunter freestyle (release & adjustable sight). Pretty sure it'll be the only Martin.

Heres a different slant on things, just an observation so don't beat me up too bad.
    Martin Archery is the main sponsor of Spirit of the Wild with Ted Nugent. A very successful show no matter how you feel about uncle Ted. So.... why is it he shoots a 5 year old Firecat and not one of the new models? I can understand personal preferance, comfortability, and reliability of his current bow. But from a sponsorship stand point wouldn't you want your "investment" promoting your top dogs? Maybe mix it up to show Martins line up? An Onza 3 for a few shows, a Pantera, Silencer, new Firecat, and then there are the Rytera's.
    He has mentioned his Rytera a few times but I've only seen him use the old Firecat. Martin needs to up the ante a scosh. Not go overboard and force feed the masses, just highlight what they have. People don't know what they are missing with Martin, only what they've been told by "other" dealers. I say SHOW them what they are missing.

Keep in mind that what you see on television is not in real time. Ted always has the newest models each year. What you are seeing on television is from past hunts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Keep in mind that what you see on television is not in real time. Ted always has the newest models each year. What you are seeing on television is from past hunts.
    It may not be real time but I'm guessing some are of the current year. Seen one where he just had surgery and the info was consistant with his web site. The man is very educated and flamboyant. Alot of people tune in just to hear what he has to say and if he had the current models they also may take notice of what he's shooting. As a sponsor maybe a little persuasive conversation is needed?
    Not bashin Joel, just a curious observation. Have been a fan of Ted's music and hunting since the 70's and Martin has treated me very well so far and I don't forsee either changing anytime soon.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunttch View Post
    Hey guys i just signed on to be a Martin dealer here in georgia . Im also the strother dealer and im tired of the other bow companies to if u dont have 30,00 dollars to spend with them they want talk to u or your shop is not on town. They have forgotten where they go there start with the little archery shop. So im going to stock martin bows i have shot them and they shoot as good as any 1000 dollar bow. i think alot of people will buy them if if they see there shop owners shooting them so our plan is to put a couple of 3d rigs on the circuit and showem what martins can do. a company this old most being doing something right. just my thoughts good luck to all
    Thats awesome. Best of luck to you. If you ever feel like franchising.....I live in southwest iowa.