Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Dealers

  1. #11
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Andy, you last posts pretty well sums things up. The younger generations will believe anything and money isn't an issue with them. Most of them are just like cattle and don't kow how to think for themselves.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  2. #12
    Senior Member cmwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Andy, you last posts pretty well sums things up. The younger generations will believe anything and money isn't an issue with them. Most of them are just like cattle and don't kow how to think for themselves.
    Money is an issue for most i suspect. It's credit thats not an issue. Thus why everyone is so broke nowadays. Cha ching.

  3. #13
    Senior Member NuttyNative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fernley Nevada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm going to try & do my part for advertising tomorrow. Takin the Firecat to it's first 3d shoot, I shoot hunter freestyle (release & adjustable sight). Pretty sure it'll be the only Martin.

    Heres a different slant on things, just an observation so don't beat me up too bad.
    Martin Archery is the main sponsor of Spirit of the Wild with Ted Nugent. A very successful show no matter how you feel about uncle Ted. So.... why is it he shoots a 5 year old Firecat and not one of the new models? I can understand personal preferance, comfortability, and reliability of his current bow. But from a sponsorship stand point wouldn't you want your "investment" promoting your top dogs? Maybe mix it up to show Martins line up? An Onza 3 for a few shows, a Pantera, Silencer, new Firecat, and then there are the Rytera's.
    He has mentioned his Rytera a few times but I've only seen him use the old Firecat. Martin needs to up the ante a scosh. Not go overboard and force feed the masses, just highlight what they have. People don't know what they are missing with Martin, only what they've been told by "other" dealers. I say SHOW them what they are missing.
    I'm a Lefty


    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern Indiana, on the Ohio River
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I'm going to try & do my part for advertising tomorrow. Takin the Firecat to it's first 3d shoot, I shoot hunter freestyle (release & adjustable sight). Pretty sure it'll be the only Martin.

    Heres a different slant on things, just an observation so don't beat me up too bad.
    Martin Archery is the main sponsor of Spirit of the Wild with Ted Nugent. A very successful show no matter how you feel about uncle Ted. So.... why is it he shoots a 5 year old Firecat and not one of the new models? I can understand personal preferance, comfortability, and reliability of his current bow. But from a sponsorship stand point wouldn't you want your "investment" promoting your top dogs? Maybe mix it up to show Martins line up? An Onza 3 for a few shows, a Pantera, Silencer, new Firecat, and then there are the Rytera's.
    He has mentioned his Rytera a few times but I've only seen him use the old Firecat. Martin needs to up the ante a scosh. Not go overboard and force feed the masses, just highlight what they have. People don't know what they are missing with Martin, only what they've been told by "other" dealers. I say SHOW them what they are missing.

    This is dead on!! Ted really should use the new lineup to help promte sales........to help get new Martins into the hands of people who have never shot them. I personaly dropped the outdoor channel years ago, for alot of reasons but I know how many veiwers it draws and Teds show gets watched. I too use my Martin for 3D and Ive lost count of how many people walk up to look at my bow just to see what it is. Seriously if its not one of the big 3 most people dont even know other bows are made!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    ...I personaly dropped the outdoor channel years ago, for alot of reasons ...
    i dropped the outdoor channel just for one reason...cost... i refused to buy the bundle of other stations i didnt want that it was included with, just so i could get the outdoor channel.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New dealer

    Hey guys i just signed on to be a Martin dealer here in georgia . Im also the strother dealer and im tired of the other bow companies to if u dont have 30,00 dollars to spend with them they want talk to u or your shop is not on town. They have forgotten where they go there start with the little archery shop. So im going to stock martin bows i have shot them and they shoot as good as any 1000 dollar bow. i think alot of people will buy them if if they see there shop owners shooting them so our plan is to put a couple of 3d rigs on the circuit and showem what martins can do. a company this old most being doing something right. just my thoughts good luck to all

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern Indiana, on the Ohio River
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowhunttch View Post
    Hey guys i just signed on to be a Martin dealer here in georgia . Im also the strother dealer and im tired of the other bow companies to if u dont have 30,00 dollars to spend with them they want talk to u or your shop is not on town. They have forgotten where they go there start with the little archery shop. So im going to stock martin bows i have shot them and they shoot as good as any 1000 dollar bow. i think alot of people will buy them if if they see there shop owners shooting them so our plan is to put a couple of 3d rigs on the circuit and showem what martins can do. a company this old most being doing something right. just my thoughts good luck to all
    Right on dude........if I can help in any way let me know!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

  8. #18
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowhunttch View Post
    Hey guys i just signed on to be a Martin dealer here in georgia . Im also the strother dealer and im tired of the other bow companies to if u dont have 30,00 dollars to spend with them they want talk to u or your shop is not on town. They have forgotten where they go there start with the little archery shop. So im going to stock martin bows i have shot them and they shoot as good as any 1000 dollar bow. i think alot of people will buy them if if they see there shop owners shooting them so our plan is to put a couple of 3d rigs on the circuit and showem what martins can do. a company this old most being doing something right. just my thoughts good luck to all
    welcome to the forum.
    thanks for putting the bows out ther.if a few more folks like you would stock a martin or 2 i think people would look at them.they are very over looked bows,even in oregon and im a few hours from martin head quarters.thanks agin for giveing em a go

  9. #19
    Senior Member wscywabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sultan, WA
    Posts
    1,575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowhunttch View Post
    Hey guys i just signed on to be a Martin dealer here in georgia . Im also the strother dealer and im tired of the other bow companies to if u dont have 30,00 dollars to spend with them they want talk to u or your shop is not on town. They have forgotten where they go there start with the little archery shop. So im going to stock martin bows i have shot them and they shoot as good as any 1000 dollar bow. i think alot of people will buy them if if they see there shop owners shooting them so our plan is to put a couple of 3d rigs on the circuit and showem what martins can do. a company this old most being doing something right. just my thoughts good luck to all
    Right on, welcome to the forum!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


    2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

  10. #20
    Member dugout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Maryland's Famous Eastern Shore
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Dealers

    Marin is an old line meaning they have been there forever. Many older dealers have been martin dealers for a long time, sometimes more active than other times. The Martin dealer near me is a classic example with all the "popular" flash and sizzle lines and barely a representation of Martin. Back in the mid 90 they were stocked to the gills with Martin Bows.
    Generally speaking companies don't scrutinize a dealer unless they become a problem as they all represent sales potential of some sort even if they don't currently invest in the Martin line with inventory.
    Again, generally speaking, the manufacturer shares the burden of bring the customer through the door of the dealer. If they are not doing as good a job as other manufacturers at promotion they can't expect their dealers to invest in inventory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •