Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quiet tonight... what is everyone doing I'm making homemade Tv Antenna's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quiet tonight... what is everyone doing I'm making homemade Tv Antenna's

what is everyone doing....?

I'm making homemade tv antenna's.....
    cutting the cord slowly.

I'm getting about 30 channels out of a split in 2 pop can.... with 18 gauge insulated wire to both sides= all free.
    some tweaking I should be able to get more vhf channels..

we lost cable last weekend...no college football to watch...so I improvised.

2. Likes TEN RING, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Might have to try that. Getting a little tired of the Comcast bill.

I'm just getting this laptop back up and running. Picked up a Virus that wiped out my OS. Had to clean the hard drive off completely and reinstall Windows 7. Then had to go to another website to download drivers for the wireless. All told it took nearly two days.

This whole thread should really be in the Off Topic Forum. I think I'll move it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

4. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on flood watch for the past two days. Picked up what I could so not to get wet. Can't do anything but watch the water rise so I went through some old archery magazines going back to 2000. You know, we ain't doing anything new at all. Same form articles, hand position articles, bow tune articles, mental game articles to no end....Yeah, everything everybody is asking questions today is covered back to 2000. Up to year 2007 and amazedly not one bare shaft article.
    Excellent archery tips no one wanted to hear years back that no one wants to here today; Put pin on target and draw. If you can't keep pin on the target your draw weight is to heavy. Having problems with hold forward pressure of the bow, and if you find your bow shoulder wants to come up more than likely your draw length is too long. Bernie-ism; Tuning can only be relevant if you have consistent form; and if you have consistent form , tuning then becomes irrelevant.!" Terry Wunderle; "90% of all bad shots are caused by the bow arm." < related to the shot falling apart. Terry Wunderle again; "One of the first things I determine is whether the equipment fits." Terry is talking about "bow fit." Bow fit is everything; draw weight, draw length, peep location and so on.

15 years and still discussing the same things....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

6. Likes CLT Bluesman, typically8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a lot ......................

Post Thanks / Like

Car repair (no, not mine)...Cell phone activation....etc.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Changed string on my FC400(thanks BSD).....now time to tune & sight.....maybe tmrw,
    2010 Alien Z (Hybrix 2), 29", 65lb
    2011 Firecat 400(Nitro 2), 29", 62lb
    2012 Silencer(Nitro 2), 29", 60lb
    Old PSE Infinity(dual cam), 30", 70lb, LH

"If you don't respect yourself, I can't respect you"

10. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

everybody here (except me), has gone to camp in the bush tonight to get a good veiwing spot for tomorrow mornings world rally cars action, not far from here.

so i am about to cook up some fish for dinner, then get my bow and arrows and other gear ready for tomorrow morning. no 3d on tomorrow, so i'll be shooting the target round at my other club. hope to improve on the 90 arrow 60 50 40 round. we call it a canberra round. ?900 round. forgot my score from last time. what i do remember is struggling with fatigue on the last end at 40m and then managed to shoot my only all gold for the day. barebowers gotta love that big 122cm coloured FITA target.

Post Thanks / Like

I am watching my wife watch the Longhorns. Had a spot of pumpkin spiced tea and a cookie.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished grinding 50lbs of last year's deer meat.....even mixed in some jalapenos in a few pounds
    2010 Alien Z (Hybrix 2), 29", 65lb
    2011 Firecat 400(Nitro 2), 29", 62lb
    2012 Silencer(Nitro 2), 29", 60lb
    Old PSE Infinity(dual cam), 30", 70lb, LH

"If you don't respect yourself, I can't respect you"

14. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BSD string building and BSD string buiding and BSD string buiding and BSD string buiding and BSD string buiding and BSD string buiding and BSD string buiding Oh did I say and BSD string buiding! Yep you got it busy season!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com