Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: youth/womens bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default youth/womens bows

I got to admit I am a little disappointed that Martin does not offer a nice bow for kids and women. Like the mathews mission line they got some sweet looking bows that go from 15 lbs and 19" draw all the way up to 70 lbs and 30" draw all on one bow. They are split limb and have machined cams. And Martin has that ugly kids bow with the wheel brackets that looks like it came out of the 70s. Why wouldn't Martin make a nicer bow for a kid or a lady to start out on that maybe can only pull 30 lbs to start?

Post Thanks / Like

Or am I reading something wrong in all the specs? How low can the adult bows go on weight with the lower draw length settings?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree

You are right. In our local shop the kids and womens bows are selling
    faster than anything and they can't keep in the pink como. bows.

Post Thanks / Like

Well seriously whats wrong with martin? I wish they would offer something for women and kids that looked more like a serious modern machine, capable of being adjusted up to hunt with, with serious speeds and forgiveness, instead of a youth bow that looks like some crap that came out of the 1970s. That kids bow looks like a wal mart toy.

Post Thanks / Like

Could always buy a 2011 Leopard. I agree that they need something for 2012 though.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

No comment except to say that I agree. They should design and develop a youth.women's bow. Something with decent quality, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    Well seriously whats wrong with martin? I wish they would offer something for women and kids that looked more like a serious modern machine, capable of being adjusted up to hunt with, with serious speeds and forgiveness, instead of a youth bow that looks like some crap that came out of the 1970s. That kids bow looks like a wal mart toy.
    If there was significant market demand for the product, Martin would have it...since there isn't, they don't. Simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like

according to dmw above he stated that in his area the youth and womens bows were selling faster than anything else. Maybe thats not true for every area but the shops around here have told me they are selling the heck out of those mission youth and womens bows by your competitor. I asked cause I would love to get my family involved but honestly my wife doesn't seem to care so not gonna force it and my son who is 12 is gonna have to find a way to work for it and I am not too sure he is that dedicated yet to shoot a bow. He has too many other things on his plate so i guess it doesn't matter much in my case but still if he did work hard for it I would love to fit him into a Martin if one was available that would fit him.
    Last edited by cmwr; 03-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    according to dmw above he stated that in his area the youth and womens bows were selling faster than anything else. Maybe thats not true for every area but the shops around here have told me they are selling the heck out of those mission youth and womens bows by your competitor. I asked cause I would love to get my family involved but honestly my wife doesn't seem to care so not gonna force it and my son who is 12 is gonna have to find a way to work for it and I am not too sure he is that dedicated yet to shoot a bow. He has too many other things on his plate so i guess it doesn't matter much in my case but still if he did work hard for it I would love to fit him into a Martin if one was available that would fit him.
    Our local shop has a youth shoot every sat.and sometimes around 35-40 shooters and most of them have bought new
    in the last year. Ages from 5-15 yrs. and many of the mothers are starting to shoot and many are buying bows also .
    Kids are bringing kids there is someone new every week. So youth and womens bows are working in our area .

Post Thanks / Like

Other than not offering a Pink camo this year the adjustablility of the new cams definitly qualify it as a ladies/youth bow. I mean a 50lb bow with the new cam should go down to what 25lbs. And like the Nuge I only shoot about 50lbs max so whats the beef. The Matin bows are lighter as a whole than even the riser twisting Heli'm. If you have to have pink get it dipped.