Thread: 2011 Exile First review

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 2011 Exile First review

A few weeks back I posted a few threads, inquiring some specifics. I was helped out by numerous members. At that time I told everyone that I would enter a post on my new Exile, once I got it back from the bow shop and all set up..well the time has arrived.
    I took it out yesterday and shot it. First impressions, small, light weight, easy to shoot, well balanced, fast(chronographed at 285 fps). I like it alot! it is a later edition 2011 Exile, wihout the TRD-SOS. I think that is probabily a good thing. It really isn't super loud. I added some whisker style string silencers. That made quite a difference. It is a pleasure to shoot and very accurate!!
    I have been bow hunting for 26 years, so I have had the opportunity to shoot many different bows, Hoyt,PSE,Ross,York,Browning....and even had a chance to shoot a friends Matthews.
    I can honestly say that they all are quality bows......but the biggest Bang For The Buck looks like it might be Martin. This is my set up:
    2011 Martin exile 60#
    Apex Atomic sight
    Whisker Biscuit rest
    Limbsaver 3 1/2" stabilizer
    Martin Tru-Peep
    Martin Wildman 4 arrow quiver
    Victory V-Force 45/60 arrows (6)
    d-loop
    All of this for $349.00

I don't know if you can match that with another brand!

all of the after market accessories came from a local Martin Dealer. His prices are very good, and his labor rate is down right cheap!

I think if this bow performs the way I think it is going to, I will be a Martin owner for LIFE!!!

When I get a chance I will post some pics. on the appropraite forum page.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, and thanks, but it's missing one things.... PICS

I'm glad that you're enjoying your bow congrats!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

285 is impressive for 60# with that bow! Glad you like!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bow Pics

I will post some pics of the bow within the next few days. I was also pleasantly surprised by the speed, but I had it set up by a Certified Martin dealer....maybe that had something to do with it. I know he sized the arrows, sight and rest to be the lighest, and still quality to get me the best speed. that is what I asked him. my draw lenght is 29.5" that helped too.

Post Thanks / Like

you lucky ducks and your long draw lengths lol
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Exile speed

One of the things that I have noticed from looking at the pics. on this sites picture forum, is that a lot of guys have new style string silencers, and dampeners. According to the Martin dealer, I have been dealing with, these things all slow the bow down. I am a believer in less is more. The only things touching my strings are the cable guide (Old standard type), a d-loop, no nock, and 2 small whisker style silencers . this adds little weight, or drag to the string, which helps with the speed.