Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Exile First review

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 2011 Exile First review

A few weeks back I posted a few threads, inquiring some specifics. I was helped out by numerous members. At that time I told everyone that I would enter a post on my new Exile, once I got it back from the bow shop and all set up..well the time has arrived.
    I took it out yesterday and shot it. First impressions, small, light weight, easy to shoot, well balanced, fast(chronographed at 285 fps). I like it alot! it is a later edition 2011 Exile, wihout the TRD-SOS. I think that is probabily a good thing. It really isn't super loud. I added some whisker style string silencers. That made quite a difference. It is a pleasure to shoot and very accurate!!
    I have been bow hunting for 26 years, so I have had the opportunity to shoot many different bows, Hoyt,PSE,Ross,York,Browning....and even had a chance to shoot a friends Matthews.
    I can honestly say that they all are quality bows......but the biggest Bang For The Buck looks like it might be Martin. This is my set up:
    2011 Martin exile 60#
    Apex Atomic sight
    Whisker Biscuit rest
    Limbsaver 3 1/2" stabilizer
    Martin Tru-Peep
    Martin Wildman 4 arrow quiver
    Victory V-Force 45/60 arrows (6)
    d-loop
    All of this for $349.00

I don't know if you can match that with another brand!

all of the after market accessories came from a local Martin Dealer. His prices are very good, and his labor rate is down right cheap!

I think if this bow performs the way I think it is going to, I will be a Martin owner for LIFE!!!

When I get a chance I will post some pics. on the appropraite forum page.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, and thanks, but it's missing one things.... PICS

I'm glad that you're enjoying your bow congrats!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

285 is impressive for 60# with that bow! Glad you like!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bow Pics

I will post some pics of the bow within the next few days. I was also pleasantly surprised by the speed, but I had it set up by a Certified Martin dealer....maybe that had something to do with it. I know he sized the arrows, sight and rest to be the lighest, and still quality to get me the best speed. that is what I asked him. my draw lenght is 29.5" that helped too.

Post Thanks / Like

you lucky ducks and your long draw lengths lol
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Exile speed

One of the things that I have noticed from looking at the pics. on this sites picture forum, is that a lot of guys have new style string silencers, and dampeners. According to the Martin dealer, I have been dealing with, these things all slow the bow down. I am a believer in less is more. The only things touching my strings are the cable guide (Old standard type), a d-loop, no nock, and 2 small whisker style silencers . this adds little weight, or drag to the string, which helps with the speed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just purchased and set up the same bow. I bought it because I got it for a great price also. I have a 2011 Silencer but I wanted something smaller and lighter. This it exactly that! I have a 26" draw length. And I went with the trophy ridge revolution rest. I just got home from shooting it today. I added bow jacks on the limbs and a add on string stop. That helped with noise and vibration. It shoots really nice. I also have nothing on the string. but if I would put something on the string. It would be small. Thanks for your review. I wish I had your longer draw length to get the extra speed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We're you getting 285 at 60lbs of draw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    We're you getting 285 at 60lbs of draw
    Umm my alien x did a 288fps with a 29dlx60#with a 372grn arrow..it has a ibo of 340fps.........!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2011 exile speed

2 Different Martin dealers explained to me that a 320fps bow at 70lbs, would have similar speeds at 60# with the right dL, light enough arrow and minimum drag on the string. That is how I had it set up, so I was able to get 285fps. I must point out though, that all of my bow hunting is 30 yds. or less, so the lighter arrows don't really detract anything.
    there is a website called www.stickemarchery.com it has all of the calculators for arrow weight,speed, kinectic energy. you can play with the numbers changing draw weight, draw lenght, speed, arrow weight, etc. in doing so you can see what needs to be done to get the most out of your bow. that is how I figured out how to have mine set up to get the best speed, for my type of hunting.