Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Exile First review

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes me sad . I have an exile, I've never chronod it. But hearing this makes me sad. My bow is maxed out, and your telling me I can only pull out around the 280s. That's 40 fps below ibo. Pretty bad. Yes it will kill a deer but dang

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    That makes me sad . I have an exile, I've never chronod it. But hearing this makes me sad. My bow is maxed out, and your telling me I can only pull out around the 280s. That's 40 fps below ibo. Pretty bad. Yes it will kill a deer but dang
    Don't get too hung up on this. It is common when you look at how IBO is set up and then you start factoring in real world set-up. If you can get 280 that is still nothing to shake a stick at. I haven't chronoed my Cheetah but if I had to guess, I would say I'm not near 280, but it feels plenty fast.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Exile speed

The thing that everyone needs to remember is, the listed bow speeds from the manufacturer are best case senario with the longest DL, lightest arrow and broadhead. They aren't real world numbers. I think that anything above 250 is actually a good speed. I have watched numerous youtube videos on broadhead performance. Most of the bows (Hoyt, PSE and even Matthews) used in the testing are coming in around 250. Obviously DL is the biggest factor. I am fortunate enough to have a decent DL, but to anyone with a shorter, I would not be sad. Somthings you just can't change........... I would just..... shoot...kill....and be happy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    285 is right in the ball park for a 320 IBO bow @ 60 lbs instead of 70, 29.5" draw and about a 350 grain arrow (assuming minimal weight on the string).

Even if he moved up to 70 lbs, he's looking at a gain of 20 fps. Add another 6 fps if he was to move up to 30" draw and that puts him 311 fps. The IBO range is 315-320... Tweeking his let off might get him a few fps faster, but even with out that, take off the d-loop and peep, moves him up to 316-ish...

He's right about where he ought to be IMO.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Exile speed

You are most certainly right wabbit!!! I did all of the calculations before buying the bow. I was hoping to come in around 270+ so it worked out very well. I have to give Martin credit for being accurate with their bow speeds!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aldenjj View Post
    You are most certainly right wabbit!!! I did all of the calculations before buying the bow. I was hoping to come in around 270+ so it worked out very well. I have to give Martin credit for being accurate with their bow speeds!!!
    Im curious of what the weight of your arrow was!I have to keep reminding myself that my arrow weight was 372grns when it chrono at 288fps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default arrow weight

If I added it all together right, I figured mine was 375. Which lines up pretty good with the numbers you had.