Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrows lifting on draw

Post Thanks / Like

Was out today, made a little difference. Still had a few arrows that would lift. Still can't put my finger on it exactly, but it is something I'm keeping a really close eye on. Opened up my loop space quite a bit with a nock-set - so it could be my nocks, but these are the same nocks I have been shooting for a while now. If it continues consistently I might look into a ProV just to have the cage keep the arrow from leaving the shelf. Noticed some jump when I get back to full with the draw stop it is a solid stop unlike my Cheetah that doesn't have one.

Aside from this, it is starting to shoot well. Found out I don't need a 20 pin - 30 hits just a hair high for 20 and is spot on at 30. 40 pin isn't too far down from 30 and 50 wasn't that much further. Still have some adjusting to do with the pin distances before I really get into fine tuning everything. But I am very surprised and satisfied by this bow so far. Really like to get it on a chrono because it feels silly fast.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Was out today, made a little difference. Still had a few arrows that would lift. Still can't put my finger on it exactly, but it is something I'm keeping a really close eye on. Opened up my loop space quite a bit with a nock-set - so it could be my nocks, but these are the same nocks I have been shooting for a while now. If it continues consistently I might look into a ProV just to have the cage keep the arrow from leaving the shelf. Noticed some jump when I get back to full with the draw stop it is a solid stop unlike my Cheetah that doesn't have one.

Aside from this, it is starting to shoot well. Found out I don't need a 20 pin - 30 hits just a hair high for 20 and is spot on at 30. 40 pin isn't too far down from 30 and 50 wasn't that much further. Still have some adjusting to do with the pin distances before I really get into fine tuning everything. But I am very surprised and satisfied by this bow so far. Really like to get it on a chrono because it feels silly fast.
    Hey DP-
    You may have already done this when you set up the LD - but if you haven't - undo the cord at the rest, then nock one of your arrows and push the launcher arm down to the riser shelf - now let go of it - when it springs up it should only push the arrow up to the 'shoot position'. If it launches the arrow off it or makes the arrow bounce up, then you need to turn the spring tension on the launcher down.
    If the spring tension is too stiff, or if you draw the bow back too fast when it breaks over, it will cause the arrow to want to bounce up off the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Touche - I'll look at this again tonight. The tension might be off a little from when I swapped it back from down limb to top limb. It didn't feel too soft but might be too stiff.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I feel your frustration, Hope this is worth a rock throw in the pond, I had same problem, and it was the way the d loop was tied in one knot looped right, the other looped left,The knot would at times pick up the arrow , funny thing it didnt do it all the time . Hope this helps good luc!