Thread: 37 degree or 45 degree peep?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 37 degree or 45 degree peep?

alright i cant bring myself to tie in an ep peep to my strings from hutch and take a chance. so specialty has crazy cool peeps with tons of options i don't know much about. if i were to get a standard peep they come in 37 degree or 45 degree. which one do i need? 30 inch draw on a 32 in ata bow.
    now their peeps are threaded to add lenses, which lense should i get to go with it? #2? mostly just for screwing around at longer distances.
    is hunting with a clarifier a bad idea if it gets wet, fogs up or any other problems that could be associated with them

i guess any pros/cons about these set-ups would be appreciated.
    brad
    p.s. those strings look sweet on my cat, waiting to be done before i post any pics
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting to know the folks at Specialtiy Archery very well now. I've called them so many times. They are very friendly and helpful. I just bought the peep kit and the large 1/4 peep for my scepter. Check out the pics in the Target section. For the standard 1/8 size peeps the 37 is for bows with a 40 and shorter. The 45 is for bows 40 and longer. By the time I'm done with my Scepter most of the accessories will be Specialty Archery.

There's a lot of good info on the FAQ page.

http://www.specialtyarch.com/faqs/
    Last edited by Double S; 03-10-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i use a fletcher 3/16 truepeep on all my bows, 34 ata down to a 31 ata works for me.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,