Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prowler Release date

Post Thanks / Like

Question Prowler Release date

Do you know when will the 2012 Prowler be release for purchase? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I don't think any of the members on here will know the release date, but joelc (admin) or KurtD (admin) might. We'll just have to wait and see if one of them replies.

A.S
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter4me2 View Post
    Do you know when will the 2012 Prowler be release for purchase? Thanks
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

joelc

The Prowler and Exile Pro will not be released for the 2012 model year. Both models are discontinued at this time.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    The Prowler and Exile Pro will not be released for the 2012 model year. Both models are discontinued at this time.
    There goes my plan of a 2012 Martin. That was a stupid move. put out the catalog,get people interested in the new line-up,then start discontinuing bows. Pure marketing genius there.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    There goes my plan of a 2012 Martin. That was a stupid move. put out the catalog,get people interested in the new line-up,then start discontinuing bows. Pure marketing genius there.
    Do you honestly think that was our intention? Sheesh.

Post Thanks / Like

So,what are the reasons? I'm really confused and highly frustrated with Martin. I love the bows. Why discontinue something before it's even released. I can understand the Exile Pro since there's the Exile. But most prefer the rear mount sts over the front mount which looks like an after thought. Why not discontinue the Exile and keep the Ex-Pro? The rear mount sts is much cleaner looking. The frustration comes from all the "dealers" that aren't really dealers. So they can order a bow. Big deal. I can do that and probably find one cheaper. But what about being able to shoot before buying? I may not like the new cams. But since there are no "STOCKING" dealers, I'm left with a blind guess and all the reviews in the world aren't going to tell me a dang thing. Even the box stores still have the '08's and '09's for the same price as a new model would be. What sense does that make?

and also,I would like the option of black. NOT that cheesy carbon fiber print crap. It looks ridiculous! I'd even be willing to purchase an unfinished bow in a put-together-myself kit so I can have the finish I want. But I really don't see that as being an option,either,is it?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Hawg,

Why don't you just get a Bengal Pro. It's virtually the same bow with just a few subtle differences. I'm very happy with mine...its a great shooter.2012 Bengal Pro 2.jpg
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    Hawg,

Why don't you just get a Bengal Pro. It's virtually the same bow with just a few subtle differences. I'm very happy with mine...its a great shooter.2012 Bengal Pro 2.jpg
    It's a nice looking bow,and you're right about the specs. And I'm not opposed to doing that. However that doesn't change the fact that there are no dealers that stock them around here. Cabela's might. But I'm not willing to drive 3.5hrs to find out whether or not I like the bow. Ya know?

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    So,what are the reasons? I'm really confused and highly frustrated with Martin. I love the bows. Why discontinue something before it's even released. I can understand the Exile Pro since there's the Exile. But most prefer the rear mount sts over the front mount which looks like an after thought. Why not discontinue the Exile and keep the Ex-Pro? The rear mount sts is much cleaner looking. The frustration comes from all the "dealers" that aren't really dealers. So they can order a bow. Big deal. I can do that and probably find one cheaper. But what about being able to shoot before buying? I may not like the new cams. But since there are no "STOCKING" dealers, I'm left with a blind guess and all the reviews in the world aren't going to tell me a dang thing. Even the box stores still have the '08's and '09's for the same price as a new model would be. What sense does that make?

and also,I would like the option of black. NOT that cheesy carbon fiber print crap. It looks ridiculous! I'd even be willing to purchase an unfinished bow in a put-together-myself kit so I can have the finish I want. But I really don't see that as being an option,either,is it?
    In a nutshell...both handles were to be cast rather than machined which involves outside manufacturers. Those manufacturers failed to deliver therefore we do not have product to sell/distribute. It's quite simply out of our hands. If we don't have the product we can't sell it. And yes...there is an option of purchasing an unfinished/unassembled bow so you don't have to put up with the cheesy, ridiculous, crap, finish options that Martin Archery offers.

and BTW...You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
    Last edited by joelc; 03-13-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    In a nutshell...both handles were to be cast rather than machined which involves outside manufacturers. Those manufacturers failed to deliver therefore we do not have product to sell/distribute. It's quite simply out of our hands. If we don't have the product we can't sell it. And yes...there is an option of purchasing an unfinished/unassembled bow so you don't have to put up with the cheesy, ridiculous, crap, finish options that Martin Archery offers.

and BTW...You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
    My apologies.I honestly don't mean to come across as having an attitude. It's shear frustration. I inquired of a vendor on AT(HuntingUSA,I believe) and was simply told the Exile Pro was discontinued. OK,next option. Also discontinued. But,now,knowing that outside resources are the cause,I can understand totally. And there's still the dealer issue. I'm certainly glad to hear of the option of an unfinished bow. That leaves a world of possibilities. And for the record,Martin's finishes are great,IMO. I've never had an issue with poor quality finishes. Just the carbon look. I've had to pass on many bows that I was interested in because it really quite unattractive. But that is JMO and I'm in no way suggesting that Martin do away with it.

Going back to the unfinished/disassembled bow option. Would that be complete with limb/riser decals? How is it reflected in the price?