Thread: Silencer Pro String Length?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silencer Pro String Length?

I have a new Silencer Pro with Fury XT cams on it my question/problem is that the sticker says 88.5” string length so I built a string 88.5” long (that is measured after 24 hr of settling) put it on the bow and the cam is way to far advanced (over rotated). So I measured the old string and it measures 89 1/8”. I untwisted the new string to the 89 1/8” and cam now looks right. I know if the cam looks good I should probably just shoot it but it bugs me. Also I am using the -10 peg on the buss cable. Poundage is the same as be for, the ATA is 31 7/8” DL is the same as before but didn’t get to check BH before I had to go to work. Could it be advanced because I’m using the -10 peg? I can probably figure this out when I get home but I’m at work now and it is driving me nuts.

By the way there was nothing wrong with the factory strings but I am a string builder and I want to be shooting my strings.

joelc

The proper string length is 88.5"...the strings are pre-stretched and twisted to length. Your cam rotation will vary greatly based upon the weight adjustment pegs on the cam. The picture below shows the approximate cam rotation per peg. String Track.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Ok there was nothing wrong then I am just over thinking it I guess. That pic. Helps a lot thanks for the quick reply. It is possible that when I took the string off it untwisted some so now that I think about it may have been right.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info thanks Joel!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

+1 to the picture here. Good to know for anyone that will be going with the Fury XT and utilizing the -# pegs.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

That pic would make a good sticky for future reference!
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!