Thread: 3 or 5 arrow?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 or 5 arrow?

Needing to get a quiver for the X - looking at the Bohning Chameleons - Pricing is close for both, not sure which I want to go with though. 5 arrows is probably more than I would think I would need, though I have always had 5 arrow quivers. The last 5 arrow I had was bought by my old man when I got the Cheetah.

I figure 3 arrows, 3 shots, 3 tags - Buck, Doe, Turkey - Doe, Doe, Turkey ... What do you guys think?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Tightspot Quiver. it holds 5 arrows. it's one item that I would gladly remove from one bow and transfer to another bow. The fit, Finish and being able to balance it to your bow is great. I hunt with the quiver on so balance is important. if you buy the 3 arrow, your stuck with only carrying 3 arrows. If you buy the 5 arrow you can alway's carry the amount you want. When I'm out turkey hunting I only carry 3. When I'm out muley hunting I carry 3 BH arrows and two arrows for small game. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Double S; 03-14-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

the less arrows the lighter the rig. i only hunt from a popup blind just use the quiver to get the arrows to the blind then i take it off. mine is a 3 arrow. i do keep it on the bow when i go rabbit hunting, forgot about that!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Difference in cost really only breaks down to a few dollars if I hit it right on fleabay. The size difference with the 3 to 5 is pretty big. Might just go with the 3 and if I find I need those 2 extra arrows at some point, I'll sell this and get a 5. Just finding it hard to think of a situation where I'm going to need more than 3 arrows in a sitting.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Difference in cost really only breaks down to a few dollars if I hit it right on fleabay. The size difference with the 3 to 5 is pretty big. Might just go with the 3 and if I find I need those 2 extra arrows at some point, I'll sell this and get a 5. Just finding it hard to think of a situation where I'm going to need more than 3 arrows in a sitting.
    with that alien x after you shoot that first arrow you want need another!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

i find a 4 arrow quiver to be a happy medium.but if it is a choice between 3 and 5 i would go 3 for what you do