Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 or 5 arrow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 or 5 arrow?

Needing to get a quiver for the X - looking at the Bohning Chameleons - Pricing is close for both, not sure which I want to go with though. 5 arrows is probably more than I would think I would need, though I have always had 5 arrow quivers. The last 5 arrow I had was bought by my old man when I got the Cheetah.

I figure 3 arrows, 3 shots, 3 tags - Buck, Doe, Turkey - Doe, Doe, Turkey ... What do you guys think?
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Tightspot Quiver. it holds 5 arrows. it's one item that I would gladly remove from one bow and transfer to another bow. The fit, Finish and being able to balance it to your bow is great. I hunt with the quiver on so balance is important. if you buy the 3 arrow, your stuck with only carrying 3 arrows. If you buy the 5 arrow you can alway's carry the amount you want. When I'm out turkey hunting I only carry 3. When I'm out muley hunting I carry 3 BH arrows and two arrows for small game. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Double S; 03-14-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

the less arrows the lighter the rig. i only hunt from a popup blind just use the quiver to get the arrows to the blind then i take it off. mine is a 3 arrow. i do keep it on the bow when i go rabbit hunting, forgot about that!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Difference in cost really only breaks down to a few dollars if I hit it right on fleabay. The size difference with the 3 to 5 is pretty big. Might just go with the 3 and if I find I need those 2 extra arrows at some point, I'll sell this and get a 5. Just finding it hard to think of a situation where I'm going to need more than 3 arrows in a sitting.
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Difference in cost really only breaks down to a few dollars if I hit it right on fleabay. The size difference with the 3 to 5 is pretty big. Might just go with the 3 and if I find I need those 2 extra arrows at some point, I'll sell this and get a 5. Just finding it hard to think of a situation where I'm going to need more than 3 arrows in a sitting.
    with that alien x after you shoot that first arrow you want need another!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

i find a 4 arrow quiver to be a happy medium.but if it is a choice between 3 and 5 i would go 3 for what you do

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - you have to decide based on how/what you hunt.
    In the spring here, I can only hunt Turkeys and varmits, so 4 arrows is plenty in the quiver.
    In the fall when I have a Deer, Elk, Turkey, Bear, plus Grouse and small rodents, coyotes and geese license - - I pack 10 arrows on my bow.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 4 arrow quiver and like it a lot. But I have seen some 3 arrow quiver I like as well. So its a decision you have to make according to your hunting needs.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i have the 3 arrow alpine. really nice and small. figured only having three arrows keeps me from shooting at squirrels and other things while trying to be quiet and motionless bowhunting whitetails, the only thing is I wish i had a five arrow quiver so i could shoot at squirrels and other small creatures when i'm bowhunting weary whitetails.
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Good call guys. I figure the most I'll probably need would be 3 in most instances while out for deer and really 3 should be enough for turkey in the event a coyote or 2 come in also. Going to see what fleabay will allow and go after the best deal. If it is like a $2 diff, might just grab the 5. I always hunt quiver off anyway, so it is just a matter of how many sticks I want to bring with.
    REAL AVID Field Staff