Thread: 3pc riser pics... what lies beneath

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3pc riser pics... what lies beneath

There was mention somewhere recently about the strength/design of the 3pc riser. I figured I'd post these for all those with questions. These are pics of an '08 Martin Cheetah that I stripped to bare metal using acetone and a bit of elbow grease. OK,ALOT of elbow grease. Wire brushes helped,also. It could have been done a whole lot easier if I had access to a sand blaster. You'll notice I painted red dotted lines on the arrow shelf to show the seam a little better in the pics. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be concerned about strength issues with this design.

CIMG0073 (1).jpgCIMG0074 (2).jpgCIMG0075.jpgCIMG0076.jpgCIMG0077.jpg
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

joelc

Hidden beneath each of the seams and joints pictured are 1/4" Stainless Steel dowel pins. Each piece of the riser is press fit together with these pins and further reinforced with the screws.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to further reinforce this - - - since 1999 when Harley-Davidson came out with their new (still current) TwinCam motors, the flywheels are
    3-piece units, a left flywheel-right flywheel and the crank pin with the rods between them.
    They are just pressed together - they don't even have any sort of fasteners as backup.
    They dont move, shift, come apart, nothing.

I've built motors that will rip apart every other piece of the drive train and the flywheels will still be there - right in spec...

The joints on Martins 3 piece risers are the very last thing I would ever worry about.

Post Thanks / Like

i've owned at least 10 martin/rytera bows,i have yet to see one break or come apart !
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,