Thread: Martin Scepter V information

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Scepter V information

Hello,

On first please to excuse me for my English ... I am a Frenchy.

Currently I practice recurve bow with a draw lenght of 32 " and I would you to try compound bow.
    Many of my colleagues think only by Hoyt but I would like to try another bow brand and MARTIN seems to be quiet good.

I am interested by the Scepter V Pro and so I have some questions.
    What is the draw weight (40-50, 50-60, 60-70 #)?
    According to Martin specifications the draw lenght is 26.5 to 32.25 ", is this with the same cam ?
    Do you have some feedback about use of this bow ?

Thanks in advance for your helps.
    Have a nice WE

Eric from Normandy

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Eric.

I have not seen a Scepter V yet, but some of your questions are common to the Shadowcat that I have.

Draw weight: The bow has three ranges of weight 40 to 50, 50 to 60 and 60 to 70 pounds. You will need to decide which draw weight range will suit you, and within each range there is 10 pounds of adjustment. I shoot 3D competitions and prefer an arrow velocity of around 300 fps, so I have a 50 to 60 pound bow, adjusted to around 58 pounds. I hope that helps.

Draw length: There are two cam options, and with your DL of 32" you will need the Nitro 2.0 cams.

I can't give you any feedback on the Scepter, but I am told it is quieter, smoother and more stable in the hand than the Shadowcat, which would be quite something, as the Shadowcat is already an excellent bow.

A bit of general advice: You really could do with trying some compound bows before you buy, as they are very different to recurve. Also, it would be helpful to know what you will be using the bow for (target, 3D, hunting) and whether you will be using a release aid, or fingers to loose the bow.

Keep asking questions, there is an huge amount of knowledge on this forum, including Martin factory staff.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.