Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 exile servings come loose

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 exile servings come loose

i was shooting my 11 exile brand new. 60 shots. cable guide starting to wear out and now the servings on the peep and near the d loop is coming loose. i think i spent 350 bucks on junk?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

got pics? What cable system do you have. Rod/slide or TRG/SOS?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beentryin View Post
    i was shooting my 11 exile brand new. 60 shots. cable guide starting to wear out and now the servings on the peep and near the d loop is coming loose. i think i spent 350 bucks on junk?
    Take the bow to your nearest martin dealer and get the cable rod and guide setup,then get some new string and cables,then your good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i have the sos/trg but will the dealer replace the string cable and slide for free? or will this 350dollar end up being a 500 dollar

Post Thanks / Like

You have to get the parts from a dealer,but the work you can do yourself. Martin bows don't need a press to remove/install strings. They can be completely dismantled w/o a press
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beentryin View Post
    yeah i have the sos/trg but will the dealer replace the string cable and slide for free? or will this 350dollar end up being a 500 dollar
    Go to your dealer. They are replacing the TRG/SOS with the cable guide rod, and if there is excessive string wear, there have been a few guys reporting of a new string being included at no charge. The dealer may charge to set it up, but as stated in a previous post, you could do the work yourself. Good Luck, welcome to the forum, and keep us posted on your progress.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    You have to get the parts from a dealer,but the work you can do yourself. Martin bows don't need a press to remove/install strings. They can be completely dismantled w/o a press
    Excuse me?

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    Excuse me?
    uh...what? That's the beauty of Martin. Back out the limb bolts equal turns(3 turns top,3 turns bottom). In the riser just below the limb pockets are barrel nuts on each end. Keep watching through there while backing the limb bolts out until you can see the bottom of the limb bolt in the middle of the barrel nut. At this point,the strings/cables can be removed. ATTENTION: If you have no experience with the string removal,it helps to snap a few pics to refer to when you're ready to put them back on. Pay special attention to what string goes where on the cable slide,what side of the slide rod the strings are on,and the string routing on the cam.

It's still a bit early for me to be trying to explain stuff since I've only had half a cup 'o coffee. Hopefully my instructions make sense. If not,ask questions and I should be prepared for a better explanation by then. LOL

Is that what the was about?

Post Thanks / Like

Thats how i took this alien x apart,still waitin on limbs though.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    uh...what? That's the beauty of Martin. Back out the limb bolts equal turns(3 turns top,3 turns bottom). In the riser just below the limb pockets are barrel nuts on each end. Keep watching through there while backing the limb bolts out until you can see the bottom of the limb bolt in the middle of the barrel nut. At this point,the strings/cables can be removed. ATTENTION: If you have no experience with the string removal,it helps to snap a few pics to refer to when you're ready to put them back on. Pay special attention to what string goes where on the cable slide,what side of the slide rod the strings are on,and the string routing on the cam.
    Extremely interesting! I know how to work with bowpress and strings/cables, but I have never known that you could actually loosen the tension so much with Martin bows without using a bowpress. Is this actually told in the bow manual? I have owned a Martin bow since 2003 and I have always used a bow press when doing string/cable work...

Thanks for this, your explanation was very clear!

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003