Thread: Older Martin Saber

Post Thanks / Like

Default Older Martin Saber

I'm ordering new a string and cables for my older Martin Saber. The guy I'm ordering from insists that he's never seen a bow without a buss cable. I think I have the Rytera Hybrix cams which means two control cables and no buss cable. String dealer keeps insisting that I need 3 different lengths. One buss, one control, and one string. The stamp on my bow says String: 48 1/2 and Cable 35. Can someone please verify that I'm correct? I even gave him the benifit of the doubt and measured the control cables, which both came out to ~ 35. I'm a newbie, be nice!

Specs on my Bow:
    Martin Saber SE Pro Series
    Dual Cam
    ~2004-2006

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

we'll be nice. But in return,we need pics. It'll help us help you,Newb. Welcome to the forum
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Newb, Hawg you're crackin me up.

Well welcome to the forum I'm sure we can get you all fixed up, there's a lot of talented and experienced people in this forum. Like Hawg said, pics would be nice because it will help us identify the system your bow is set up with.

My one question is whether you're sure you have a Saber, as far as I know, the Saber was only offered in a single cam configuration (I may be wrong, its been known to happen quite often).

If it is a dual cam, you may have a "frankenbow" which means its been put together with pieces of different bows... especially if its has the hybrix cams from Rytera. Maybe it was a special order?

Even if it does have these cams, they are a binary configuration, which means one long shooting string, two control cables of the same length. If anyone on here has more info for you, I'm sure they'll speak up (don't worry about the newb jab, compared to most the guys on here, I'm still a newb too )
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so upon some investigation for you, I did find that the Saber was offered with the Tru-Arc cam system, which is a hybrid type of cam design, it has a long shoot string, a control cable and a split buss cable. It is possible that this is what your string guy is referring to. The best way to help us is to post pics, then we can help you with more info. Good luck!
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys. I'm positive it's a Saber. Here's some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, looks like someone hooked you up with Nitrous cams!

In which case you have a shoot string and two split cables of the same length. I would go with what the sticker on the bow says. Nice setup!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome,nice looking Saber with some nice fast cams. Your right String and 2 split busses.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks wscywabbit! You've been a big help.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys. This bow is being passed down to my son for his first archery hunt this year. Good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like

no worries, glad I could help.

And FYI, if you've no problem replacing the strings yourself, there are a couple of members here that do nice custom strings for pretty good prices, PM Hutch-n-son archery or ArcherX7 for more info and prices!