Thread: 2009 Martin Firecat with 2011 Nitro cams

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2009 Martin Firecat with 2011 Nitro cams

Hey Martin shooters. I have recently had an update done to my 2009 Firecat and encountered some issues. Martin put new limbs on my bow because of a cracked limb and so they also had to retro fit it with the nitro cams instead of the original Cat cams because of the dimensions. After getting it back I noticed something weird looking with the string anchor posts on the cams. The top cam was a little more noticeable than the bottom but both had some stress marks and lean to the anchor
    posts. I have attached the pics in case anyone else see's the same on there cams. This is not something that is normal with these cams, nor will it deter me from sticking with Martin. They have been absolutely awesome through this entire process. I should be getting a new set of cams at my local pro-shop any day so that they can install them.

Here are the pics:
    The top pic is of the string anchor that has some serious lean to it. The bottom pic is of the bottom cam that shows a stress mark (grey) to the right of the anchor post. The anchor post on the other side of that cam has a slight lean to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch, glad you caught it before something broke! Thanks for the update, I know I'll be checking mine...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I would have not noticed for a while if it were not for my hunting partner wanting to see the new cams Martin had put on my bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a pain in the rear, but I'm sure they'll right it.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff