Thread: best 5 pin bowsight under $50

Post Thanks / Like

Default best 5 pin bowsight under $50

I currently have an Impact Archery colllector 3 pin. I do like it. But want to step up to a 5 pin on my new rig. But after dumping all that money on a new bow, I don't want to dump 100+ bucks on a sight and rest. And I don't want to strip my old bow down in case I need a spare. So I am thinking of a NAP Apache drop away rest which I can get for around $50 from various places. Now can't decide which sight to look at. any suggestions. I don't want cheap just not so pricey.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother just bought a tru glo rite site xs 5 pin and he loves i think he bought it from cabelas for like $45 other than that i am not sure i sgoot the savage pendulum sight.

Post Thanks / Like

You can a lot of differnt sights in the classified, both here and on ArcheryTalk, for less than $50. Take a look. Probably find that rest as well for less than $50.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Find one that is aluminum rather than composite, even if you have to spend a little more. Look on ebay, might find something there.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    You can a lot of differnt sights in the classified, both here and on ArcheryTalk, for less than $50. Take a look. Probably find that rest as well for less than $50.
    That is true i didnt think about that. You might actually find a real nice one that someone is selling! Good point elkslayer4x5!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new gravedancer that I can give you a deal on it's still in it's package, I use an adjustable sight
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything by Viper or Extreme. Look on AT classifieds and use "search forum". A lot easier than sifting through all the other stuff. They are both quality sights and both accept a light. Not sure about Extreme sights,but Viper uses all stainless steel mounting hardware and pins. There are several options and it's personal preference,but those are the two I'd look at. I use a Viper H1000. The cats have knocked my bow off the deck rail(6ft drop) onto landscape stone several times and have had no broken pins and it wasn't knocked outta whack. It seems to take abuse well. Keep your eyes peel. They can be had for less than $50 but they seem to go quick. Matter of fact,I just saw a package deal with a sight and Whisker biscuit rest for $35 shipped. I'll see if I can find the link.

Scratch that. Package deal was a single pin sight. This is the exact sight I use but mine is black.http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ighlight=viper
    Last edited by HawgEnvy; 03-20-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340