Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kind of scared to go to a 3d shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kind of scared to go to a 3d shoot.

I love shooting my bow. I am a member at the local range and yet I am scared to death to shoot in the 3d tourneys. What could help me get over this?? any tips? I guess it stems from not having a buddy to go with. Its like golfing with 3 strange dudes. kind of intimidating. dont want to be "that guy"
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

wish i could help but i dont like to be around to many people.when i go and kill foam deer(for fun not score)i will go with a friend but if ther are more the 5 people shooting when we show up i will turn around and go home,or go get a bite and come back to see if they left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnordwell View Post
    I love shooting my bow. I am a member at the local range and yet I am scared to death to shoot in the 3d tourneys. What could help me get over this?? any tips? I guess it stems from not having a buddy to go with. Its like golfing with 3 strange dudes. kind of intimidating. dont want to be "that guy"
    Thanks
    I was like that last year. The wife and my shootin buddys couldn't make it to a few shoots so I went solo. JUST GO you'll have a great time. Look for a friendly face (there are lots) and ask if you can join the group. Best thing I could have done. You get to meet most of the regulars, see others shoot ( what went right & what didn't), get great info, check out equipment without prying, and put a spankin on some .
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

No reason to be scared, just go to have fun.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

just go have fun
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

go spend some time on the range perhaps you will meet a new buddy. I went to my 1st 3d shoot solo had a great time . best way to get over this fear of being "that Guy" is just go an be your self.. just have fun and shoot your bow never know you may be that guy that won
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

relax, if your nervous about these strangers you probably wont see them again anyhow. 3d is a great way to do off season practice. Just remember these other guys put their pants on one leg at a time just like you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have fun

Just go and have fun if you are anything like me you will relate to the people on the 3d range more than any one else in this world.I love being around people that have the same interist and passions.no tree hugers no p.e.t.a. just a bunch of good people doing what they love it is a great sport and you will have alot of fun. you can also learn alot about shooting and hunting have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

nothing wrong with peta..Im a member.
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Post Thanks / Like

My first 3d shoot was nerve racking. Some how managed on the 3rd leg of a shoot took 8th place in mens bowhunters open. So much fun, didnt lose an arrow and i didnt miss the target so i was happy as hell. Just go and have fun, dont take it seriously its just a game.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight