Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daughter going on first hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Congrats on the bonding !!!!!! best way to start a long relationship with yer daughter,dosnt get better than that . GOOD LUCK ON THE HUNT!!!! hope u both bag birds!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaverd View Post
    For years my daughter has been going along with me on my hunts. She has even called in many turkeys and elk but she has never carried a weapon.
    Well, her opening weekend hunt wasn't the best ever. She is used to seeing and hearing birds on opening day and usually we tag out. We were hoping it would be like that.

We never saw or even heard a bird this weekend. When we got home I told my daughter I felt bad that her hunt was slow and somewhat boring. She replied, "Are you kidding. I had a blast, I was the one holding the gun."

I am glad she enjoyed it but I still hope the remainder of the hunt becomes more active. The hunt continues on the 15th. and only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had a slow hunt but it seems like it is very slow every where i am glad your daughter had a good time any way seems like she has learned at a young age it is not always about the kill! I hope things get better this weekend for you.
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your slow hunt. I wish you two the best on the next hunt. You will have tons more to look forward to.