Thread: Good thing i have a Martin bow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good thing i have a Martin bow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why i like martin bows no press needed.Bottom limb cracked sending them off to martin since my proshop is so dang far from me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Speedykills; 03-04-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This has definitely been one of the major martin perks. I tried putting together a diy press for s&g's last night and wasn't working as well as I thought it would, mainly because I got impatient with it. Was going off the ones guys have made with the cable and turnbuckles - realized just turning out the bolts, while can take a little longer, is frankly easier than anything else.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sucks about the limbs, but at least you found it WAY before hunting season
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

ok maybe a dumb question you can just removed the bolts with out a press. I have been looking a this one press made of a cable and a ratchet. The shop that I took m6y bow to told me to leave it alone. I wanted them bring it closer to the 31 ata. So if I turn out the bolt almost all the way I could twist my string with out the limbs going flying.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the limbs but at least you know they will take care of you. Good luck with the replacement and getting it back into good shape.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

2012 Martin Cougar FC, Fury XT cam
    CE PileDriver arrow, 535 grains
    Speed: unknown

Post Thanks / Like

If you have those barrel nuts then most likely you can.All i did was back limb bolts out till i saw day light in barrel nuts,at this point there is very little pressure.I then tied a long shoe lace between limbs with a little tension,then twisted cam pulled control cable off then loosend shoe lace then took off cams,then limbs.
    Remember key word is barrel nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motohead1967 View Post
    ok maybe a dumb question you can just removed the bolts with out a press. I have been looking a this one press made of a cable and a ratchet. The shop that I took m6y bow to told me to leave it alone. I wanted them bring it closer to the 31 ata. So if I turn out the bolt almost all the way I could twist my string with out the limbs going flying.
    yes it's fairly easy to do with out a press. But the bow master press (the cable type press) is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. You'll want to get the parallel limb extensions though... there are two types one is for split limb bows the other is for split limbs and parallel limbs (like most new bows these days). The way to tell is that you want the longer ones
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Boy ill be glad when i get them limbs..........