Thread: 2008 Martin Trophy Hunter Module Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2008 Martin Trophy Hunter Module Question

I recently purchased a 2008 Martin Trophy Hunter 45-60lbs draw for my daughter. It came with the F-5 module installed on the bow. Her draw lenght is approx. 25-26". What module do you install for her draw lenght? Do you have to use a bow press to install modules?

Post Thanks / Like

F1 or F2 if it is the M-Pro cam. Just taking a guess because the Trophy Hunter is a Dick's badge and I don't recall which one that pairs up with in the regular line.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey horsesoldier03, welcome the forum! As far as I can remember the Trophy Hunter is Martin's Saber. For a shorter draw you would need an f-1 that should give you what you need. If you have an M2pro cam you should have a draw stop. That will help you fine tune the draw length. Also you do not need a bow press for these bows. Loose the limb bolts equally till the string comes loose. Then reverse the step to tighten.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 03-24-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.if you dont have a mod for it then find a martin dealer and give them a call.tell them you need a f-1 mod or what ever mod that will fit the DL you need and they might just swap you out for free.it only takes a few seconds to swap the mod.if they want to charge you then i believe i have a f-1 mod you can have if that is the mod you need.

however i just moved so all my stuff is packed up and it might take me a day or two to find it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you check Martin's home website in the Tech Charts for 2008 you'll find what you're looking for. According to what I found the f1 mod is for 25"; f2 is for 26". As mentioned, any dealer should have some spare mods around and even swap them out for you. Being as Dicks sells these bows they would probably have the mods, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the Help

After I asked the question I got to digging around on the website and found the specs. I set my 15 yr old daughter up on the Trophy Hunter set at 45# with a 26" draw and she is loving it. We went to a local indoor range, she is solid out to 25 yrds right now. I didnt have time to get the 30 yrd pin set. That is the self imposed limit that I will be giving her for taking a shot at a deer or turkey. She has already taken 3 deer with a firearm and feels she is ready to try it with a bow. This is a big step up from her Browning FOX. Hopefully she will have a little luck this season and be hooked.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. There's nothing like getting kids involved. She's going to love it and your hunting life is about to change---for the better.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default along this same line...

Hope i am not hijacking this thread, but I am in a similar situation with my 14 years old sons Trophy Hunter. He went through a growth spurt and draw length went from 27 to 30. Took the Bow to Dicks for a new Module and we thought all was good. I watched him shoot and realized the draw stop was preventing him from pulling all the way back. We slid the stop as far back as it will go, still no luck. Is it possible the wrong Module was put on the bow? I came here to research which mod belongs on the bow and stumbled on this thread. Is it possible once the draw length increases, the stop is no longer needed?? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Sheldon

Post Thanks / Like

The draw stop serves severaal purposes. Fine tuning draw length and creating a solid wall to draw against at full draw. It can also serve as a safety brake for poeple who don't know how to draw a now or draw too much weight. Without the draw stop the bow can be yanked back and if done so carelessly it can be drawn far enough to roll the cable off the end of the module. What this can do is lock the bow up at full draw creating a dangerous situation.

Now, the bow inquestion should have the F7 module on it for a 30" draw and the draw stop set to it's longest setting in the slot or nearly so. Actually the draw stop should be set so that it bumps the limb at the same time the flat side of the module rolls around and hits the cable.

Without seeing the boy or knowing his stature I'd say he has to be very tall for his age. Draw length is the most important consideration in setting up a bow and most people think or shoot several inches more than they should. A person's height is usually about the same as their wingspan or close to it. Measure wingspan and divide by 2.5 and this puts you in the ball park for the draw length that should work well. And for a 30" draw the wingspan measurement (height) would have to be about 6'3" (75").

A newer auggested measurement that works very well is to extend the bow arm out to the side at shoulder height. Measure from the center of the chest to the crease where the hand and wrist connect. This will almost always be within 1/2" of a person's optimum draw length.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver