Thread: new nitro cams

Post Thanks / Like

Default new nitro cams

is there a long draw mod for the new scepter that can get you to 31", or do I need a different cam ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdduffy View Post
    is there a long draw mod for the new scepter that can get you to 31", or do I need a different cam ?
    Assuming you have the Nitro 1.5 cam, you'll need to get the Nitro 2.0 cam to get 31" draw length. They don't have any long draw mods for these cams. The mods on all the Nitro and Hybrix cams are the same.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post

Assuming you have the Nitro 1.5 cam, you'll need to get the Nitro 2.0 cam to get 31" draw length. They don't have any long draw mods for these cams. The mods on all the Nitro and Hybrix cams are the same.
    thank you,that's kind of what I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know what the draw range would be with the nitro 2.0 cams on the scepter V ???

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know what the draw range would be with the nitro 2.0 cams on the scepter V ???
    Something like 29.25 - 32.25. Be aware though, you'll lose appox. 5-8#'s in peak draw weight when converting from the 1.5's to 2.0's if you keep the same limbs.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Something like 29.25 - 32.25. Be aware though, you'll lose appox. 5-8#'s in peak draw weight when converting from the 1.5's to 2.0's if you keep the same limbs.
    thats something I didn't think of ! I guess I'll just live with the short valley.I'm at the extreme limit on draw length with the 1.5 cam so I can't get the dump into the valley that I like.I know some people don't like that but it works well for me. thank you for the info ArcherX .

Post Thanks / Like

thats something I didn't think of ! I guess I'll just live with the short valley.I'm at the extreme limit on draw length with the 1.5 cam so I can't get the dump into the valley that I like.I know some people don't like that but it works well for me. thank you for the info ArcherX .
    I'm assuming the problem is, you have the draw stop adjusted all the way to the + side of the slot. You could try replacing the hard plastic sleeve on the stop with an arrow insert, that will give a little more rotation into the valley. You'll probably have to shorten it some as well as drill out the threads to get it to work, but the smaller diameter should get you enough rotation to make a noticable difference in the valley.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming the problem is, you have the draw stop adjusted all the way to the + side of the slot. You could try replacing the hard plastic sleeve on the stop with an arrow insert, that will give a little more rotation into the valley. You'll probably have to shorten it some as well as drill out the threads to get it to work, but the smaller diameter should get you enough rotation to make a noticable difference in the valley.
    I still have room on the draw stop,but the cables will be into the cable stops on the cam to hard.