Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: roller cable guard vs standard

Post Thanks / Like

The question wasn't exactly about torque reducing cable guards, but as I brought it up, I also give another link here:
    http://www.archery-forum.com/archive...p?t-25966.html

James Park is a famous target shooter (and the author of "Mastering Compound Bows" book) and his arguments about preferring a straight rod instead of any torque reducing arrangements is quite interesting!

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

If one is worried about torque on the cables, etc - this new piece from Strother looks like it could have some promise. I wouldn't run out and get it just yet, but it seems like it could be a little more successful than the TRG.

whoever shot the video needs to learn to turn their darn iPhone on it's side when shooting video.

There are also a few systems out there that have a kick in the rod with the slide that moves towards center on the draw and then back out when release, think it is called Tilt Tamer, but I might be wrong ...
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    If one is worried about torque on the cables, etc - this new piece from Strother looks like it could have some promise. I wouldn't run out and get it just yet, but it seems like it could be a little more successful than the TRG.
    Looks very much like the TRG.

Yes, there is a product called Tilt Tamer. I think this is very similar but a bit more elegant solution compared to that: http://www.arctec-products.com/cpr.php

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003