Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: seeking help

Post Thanks / Like

Default no bow press?

Presses are best due to the even tension put on the limbs. It also secures the bow for ease of maintenance. I do 99% of my own work. I work on all my buddies bows and save them a little cash. ....its best to take a picture of the cams to help with the install. Bowmaster has a pocket size cable and turnbuckle press for about 40$ @ the box stores. I have heard of ratchet wraps being used, but secure them good. Also if all else fails, bass pro and Cabela's and others may not charge to put a sting on. The just may not do it if its not spec. Good luck and BE CAREFUL.
    2010 Cheetah Mag. 64# NAP QuickTime 360 rest. Apex 3 pin w/light. Gold Tip 5575 Exposition Hunter arrows. 100grn Trophy Ridge Hammerheads, Six Shooter quiver, Trueball Copperhead release.

Post Thanks / Like

Default no need for the press

once you know how the string and cable goes just tighten your limb bolts down 2 turns at a time(top then bottom) till you get the tension you need.buying a press is a un nessery cost but haveing one will no doubt save you 2 or 3 min.what year is that bow and what cam does it have on it?
    Last edited by gravedigger; 03-30-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default no bow press!

I believe the bow is 2010 - maybe 2011.

Bought used - don't know the cam. Taking about 1 1/2 inch off of the original string. I am without experience .... getting coached on this forum.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On the bottom limb sticker. You will have a few lines of info.
    Let off
    shoot
    buss
    draw length
    draw weight
    one of them will have a bunch of numbers. The first two numbers is the year.
    Take a pic of the bow and post on this thread and we will walk you through it.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djgibbens View Post
    I believe the bow is 2010 - maybe 2011.

Bought used - don't know the cam. Taking about 1 1/2 inch off of the original string. I am without experience .... getting coached on this forum.
    info is on the limb sticker as far as year goes,it will be the bow number and the first 2 numbers on your sticker will be the year,if it is 2010 or 11 then it is the acutrac cam.my camera is packed(i just bought a house and moved)in a box but if i can find it then i will take some good pics and post them.
    yep that 1 1/2 inch might need a press but it never hurts to try and get it back together befor ya find a press.best of luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default pic of the bow and post

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    On the bottom limb sticker. You will have a few lines of info.
    Let off
    shoot
    buss
    draw length
    draw weight
    one of them will have a bunch of numbers. The first two numbers is the year.
    Take a pic of the bow and post on this thread and we will walk you through it.

Hutch
    Thanks - I'll get to it Sunday (I hope).

Thanks for hanging with me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default update & thanks

Guys, I was not able to get the shorter string on without a press so I found a local bow tech who was willing to help me out.

The shorter string (along with backing out the limbs) took the draw weight down to 27#'s! My youngster will be able to hunt this bow now and as he grows.

I am very grateful for the encouragement along the way.

Thanks!

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love stories like this! Kids getting into archery. I am very glad it worked for you. Now the fun begins. Hunting Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com