Thread: Catfish loops

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catfish loops

I learned them. I love them. I built a nice jig with nickel silver posts to tie them. My bow has one. My wifes bow has one. And i tied one last night for my new silencer when it arrives. I originally put them on below the nock without removing my string and it worked well. Then I bought some new arrows and the nocks on them arrows did not do well to an angled string at full draw. So I removed my string from my bow and slid the catfish loop on so it has a side above and below the nock like a regular D Loop. I love em! No fear of a D Loop coming undone. Solid and trustworthy to me! Anyone else use the Catfish Loop?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm semi-familiar with what they are, curious to see what yours are looking like on the strings. I haven't had any problems with D-loops myself.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have recently started using them as well. I do mine by making the loop without serving it. Put it in place on the string and then I serve the loop. This way it is basically what you have but I do not have to take the string off of the bow. Works great.
    GO DUCKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jw_334 View Post
    I have recently started using them as well. I do mine by making the loop without serving it. Put it in place on the string and then I serve the loop. This way it is basically what you have but I do not have to take the string off of the bow. Works great.
    Explain that to me more? I get what you say about making the loop first and serving it while on the bow. But I am not sure what that has to do with installing it without removing the string? This pic is not very good. I tried my best.

DSCF5173.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link to the type of loop that I use. Just scroll down to the pictures and it will explain it better than I can.

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforum...354710&forum=2
    GO DUCKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jw_334 View Post
    Here is a link to the type of loop that I use. Just scroll down to the pictures and it will explain it better than I can.

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforum...354710&forum=2
    Now I love that link of yours! This is the one I learned and currently use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWVV_Mo1gA BUT....I am gonna switch to the one you showed. With the one in your link I love that you do not have to remove your bowstring to install it. I do wonder though, the one I have used has 7 loops equalling 14 strands. The one you show uses 4 loops equalling 8 strands. I think i would prefer more strands myself but you can still do it your way with more wraps.