Thread: Catfish loops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catfish loops

I learned them. I love them. I built a nice jig with nickel silver posts to tie them. My bow has one. My wifes bow has one. And i tied one last night for my new silencer when it arrives. I originally put them on below the nock without removing my string and it worked well. Then I bought some new arrows and the nocks on them arrows did not do well to an angled string at full draw. So I removed my string from my bow and slid the catfish loop on so it has a side above and below the nock like a regular D Loop. I love em! No fear of a D Loop coming undone. Solid and trustworthy to me! Anyone else use the Catfish Loop?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm semi-familiar with what they are, curious to see what yours are looking like on the strings. I haven't had any problems with D-loops myself.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have recently started using them as well. I do mine by making the loop without serving it. Put it in place on the string and then I serve the loop. This way it is basically what you have but I do not have to take the string off of the bow. Works great.
    GO DUCKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jw_334 View Post
    I have recently started using them as well. I do mine by making the loop without serving it. Put it in place on the string and then I serve the loop. This way it is basically what you have but I do not have to take the string off of the bow. Works great.
    Explain that to me more? I get what you say about making the loop first and serving it while on the bow. But I am not sure what that has to do with installing it without removing the string? This pic is not very good. I tried my best.

DSCF5173.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link to the type of loop that I use. Just scroll down to the pictures and it will explain it better than I can.

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforum...354710&forum=2
    GO DUCKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jw_334 View Post
    Here is a link to the type of loop that I use. Just scroll down to the pictures and it will explain it better than I can.

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforum...354710&forum=2
    Now I love that link of yours! This is the one I learned and currently use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWVV_Mo1gA BUT....I am gonna switch to the one you showed. With the one in your link I love that you do not have to remove your bowstring to install it. I do wonder though, the one I have used has 7 loops equalling 14 strands. The one you show uses 4 loops equalling 8 strands. I think i would prefer more strands myself but you can still do it your way with more wraps.

Post Thanks / Like

It just depends on what type of material you are using. My loop is made of Brownell Astro Flight and then served with BCY Polygrip (Just because that is the only serving material I had on hand at the time). If I were to go more than 4 or 5 loops (8-10 total strands) it would be way to thick. Just experament and use what you like best.
    GO DUCKS!