Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Early

Post Thanks / Like

Bwhahaha. It makes me laugh to hear all you notherners talk about the weather. Come live down in the swamps for a bit and you willknow what yard work is like. I have to mow at least once a week just to keep the weeds down. I am having a heck of a time right now as the zero turn keeps messing up and it takes sears at least a week to get out here. I am usually wishing for temps to drop into the 60's or god be good the 50's. I really would like to wear a jacket once in awhile instead of shorts adn t-shirts all year. Although it has been raining cats and dogs down here for the last few weeks I can't even break out the lawn mower or I will be sliding every where. It just starts to dry and then it rains again. I haven't even been able to make time to go get a thunder chicken yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    Bwhahaha. Come live down in the swamps for a bit and you willknow what yard work is like. I have to mow at least once a week just to keep the weeds down. .
    well i got 10 acres of cemetery with around 1500 up right monuments to dodge and around 3000-4000 headstones and monuments to string trim along with 40 or so shrubs i have to take the hedge trimmer too......not includeing the up keep of grave sites,and the mausolem with around 300 or so crypts and 300 nitches and im not even going to getinto all the oaks and furs...................now thats yard work buddy.lol

oh and that is my per week work in between taking care of funerals and office work+the people.i have one day a week to do my own yard work.

hey get your self a ex-mark 0-turn.....best investment the cemetery ever made.

Post Thanks / Like

You got me on the acrerage GD. I only take care of 6 acres. I should have gotten a better mower but the sears ZT was the only one in my porce range. It has been a trooper though I abuse the heck out of that thing and so far only pulleys and belts have given up the ghost. Mostly belts though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    You got me on the acrerage GD. I only take care of 6 acres. I should have gotten a better mower but the sears ZT was the only one in my porce range. It has been a trooper though I abuse the heck out of that thing and so far only pulleys and belts have given up the ghost. Mostly belts though.
    for the cost of some of these 0-turn mowers a guy could buy a new(er)car.i think mine was in the 10,000 to 12,000 range but like you i beat the heck out of that thing and it is a worker.once a year belt replacement and blades....no pullies going out yet but i did have to replace my PTO clutch 2 years ago and that was 400.00.every 2 years all tires need replaced.i try to mow twice a week......................when i can lol

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Grass what grass it snowed this morning!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

our forcast is for 90 this sat. & sun. i ain't ready for this hot stuff . weeds & grass grow about an inch ever day. we had no winter at all here & above normal all over the country . whats going on, is the end near ? i ain't ready for that either !
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

If the end is comming, it'll catch me mowing. Growing about an inch a day. And too wet to get the rototiller in the ground, time to plant the garden.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade