Thread: Anybody using the Bowmaster Portable Bow press on a Martin Scepter V?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody using the Bowmaster Portable Bow press on a Martin Scepter V?

Before I buy one of these portable Presses I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues with the press and my Scepter V. My Scepters ATA is 40 Inches. The location where the cables slide through in the V of the limbs is around 38 1/2 inches. Anybody using this portable press on a Scepter V or any comparable ATA bow?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple Martins that are 42" ata and have used the BM press on them with no problems.
    A couple things tho - I would get the split limb adapters and use them even tho it's a solid limb bow.
    They are a bit clumbsier to use but they put the pressure more at the axles rather than at the fork.
    Also - if you just use the BM without the adapters, I would put a piece of heavy leather under the 'arms' as well as
    the pieces they give you in the fork.
    They can leave marks on the limbs if you dont.
    Otherwise - they do work really well.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what the guys on AT are saying also. I should buy the Combo with the limb adapter. They said it would give me extra length and it's safer to squeeze the tips. That's the route I'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I have a couple Martins that are 42" ata and have used the BM press on them with no problems.
    A couple things tho - I would get the split limb adapters and use them even tho it's a solid limb bow.
    They are a bit clumbsier to use but they put the pressure more at the axles rather than at the fork.
    Also - if you just use the BM without the adapters, I would put a piece of heavy leather under the 'arms' as well as
    the pieces they give you in the fork.
    They can leave marks on the limbs if you dont.
    Otherwise - they do work really well.