Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reviews on 2012 martins

Post Thanks / Like

Default reviews on 2012 martins

This place has been slow lateley I would love to hear about your 2012 bows.and also a picture would be cool.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry didn't get one yet, but the year isn't over !
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    sorry didn't get one yet, but the year isn't over !
    I hear ya a black onza is calling my name. I also like the bengal,pantera,cougar,scepter, I think that about covers it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I'm trying to be super optimistic that I'll have a Bengal at my house sometime soon. I'll be sure to give a good and solid review on it.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Pantera

Ive post ah number of times about this bow but now that Ive had time to really shoot it Ill update my opinion. I really like the bow, its a real tack driver and as long as I do my part its on target every shot. I like the longer ATA of this bow, I bought it to shoot 3D and its done a great job so far. At first I did have the serving wear problem just as others have had with the Fury XT cam but at this point at least for the one I own Im pretty sure I took care of the problem. This did dissapoint me ah little ,but I know this is a new cam and with new things there will allways be some unexspected issues. The bow is very smooth and the back wall is solid, as long as you take the time to get the draw stop set correctly.........I cant stress this enough. This cam has such a wide range of adjustment that you really do have to take the time to find the sweet spot that works for you........but this is a good thing. For whatever reason I was able to extend my draw length with this bow and Im shooting better than I ever have. As with most one cam bows this isnt a speed demon........but its no slouch either, at first my settup was shooting arounnd 304 but now that Ive messed with my draw I think its ah little better than that now, Ill check it one of these days. My settup is quiet and there really is no hand shock. Ive added a few things and as Ive said in the past I think the one change I made that made the most difference was to my bow was when I swapped out the factory string stop for a limbsaver brand. Ive done this to my Onza as well. The finish on my bow is the black carbon and I like it.......it gets alot of looks at the shoots! All in all Im pleased with my purchase and would do it all over again. I was a die hard Bowtech fan and made the switch at the first of the year.
    One little thing I noticed this week was with the thermal grip on my bow.......the adhesvie is starting to let lose. I shoot this bow alot, every day at least a few shots and on weekends it gets a work out. This spring has been very warm and wet so Im sure that has had alot to do with it. I spoke with Joel and he took care of me........however I would be up for some custom slabs if anyone knows of a custom grip makler? Great bow................like I said id do it again, thinking it would be really sweet with Nitro cams also!!!!!!
    Last edited by Thermodude; 03-30-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    Ive added a few things and as Ive said in the past I think the one change I made that made the most difference was to my bow was when I swapped out the factory string stop for a limbsaver brand.
    You mean it got more silent?

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    You mean it got more silent?
    Yes it did. Dont get me wrong the factory stop when set properly works fine but the limbsaver brand is made of softer material and offers more surface area for the string to hit. The bow went from a mild slap sound to a dull thud. I really like this product.
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with the Limbsaver string stop. Is it a whole unit or do you think just the rubber would fit Martin's rod?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I have no experience with the Limbsaver string stop. Is it a whole unit or do you think just the rubber would fit Martin's rod?
    It will fit the Martin rod, just just remove the factory stop and push the new one into place.

100_1108.jpg
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Good call. I have a limbsaver stopper in my archery box. I kept the one that came on my AX on it. Was doing some shooting and my dad said the Alien stopper was more quiet. The rubber is super soft, so I wonder it isn't a stock Rytera/Martian rubber stopper.

See you have a dampener on your cable rod, how does that work out?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff