Thread: AT attitudes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default AT attitudes?

Just wanted some opinions on this. I dont go over to AT much anymore I used to and when I first found it I thought I had really found something. Needless to say I must have been going through a "simple minded moment" .......it didnt take long before I realized that there was more going on there than meets the eye! It seems that "most" of the guys in the bowhunter section just want to shoot whatever they can in the name of bowhunting and then post the bloodiest pics they can. Then add in the archery section and if the animal wasnt shot with one of the big name bows plus a rage broadhead, well ......then the guy was pretty much an idiot and let the games begin! I know that as a younger man my views on hunting and archery were different than now.........I was young and bullet proof. Well Ive aged and I guess mellowed, I really enjoy things now, no pressure from buddies to kill every deer........or own all the latest gear. I just want to stay under the radar, enjoy my family, the outdoors and life! Its just my opinion but if the hunting and archery "industry" continues down the path its on then its only a matter of time. At this point in my life Im glad I own my own land and just keep to myself. Pretty sure my days over on AT are limited!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

I agree to a point,theres not a whole lot i dont know about archery,hunting got down pretty good.i will skip what i dont want to read,but i really like the classifieds.
    As far a what people accept as a good kill,some are Hypocrite's a example not to long ago few weeks in hunting section someone posted a pic of them with a coyote they kill,was a head shot with arrow sticking out it;s eye socket everyone was congratulating him on a fine kill,now if that was a whitetail deer or other he would be blasted of the forums for such a bad shot...........so yes i agree with you to a point.............

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if you're not shooting what they are , how they'd hunt, or what shot the'd take, they seem to believe that you would'nt know enough to pour p--s out of a boot, seems every one over there is an expert, just ask 'em. Or wait and they'll tell you how great they all are. Reminds me of high school. I do like the classified sections tho. Guess we have to have ballance, some good and some not so good.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

IMO there is too much Hoyt, Matthews and Rage incest for my liking there. I use AT mainly for classifieds, Alien Mafia and google - "site:archerytalk.com "what I'm searching for" that is about it. Occasionally I will post a question that somehow can avoid getting the fanboys to push their propaganda on me. There are some good nuggets of information here and there if you know how to find it, but on a day to day basis ... I would rather hang out here more than anything else. I find that for the past few months that is about all I do. We have a tight group of people here that have all gotten to know each other fairly well and that makes for a much better community and you can get things done a lot faster that way in terms of needing help. AT is a troll-zone for the most part.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i just go to AT and visit the vill,other then that i dont really post much and what i do post i try and make it so i cant get layed into.for the most part i pop in for a laugh.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

just gotta sift through the BS and take the "know-it-all-fanboy" types with a grain of salt. I try to help with questions if I can and if it's about Martin I refer the to the MTF where they'll get real answers. I don't take anything on forums as a personal attack. Everyone has their opinions of me and my equipment and I really don't care what they are. I like what I like for a reason but won't push my thoughts,opinions,and beliefs on everyone else. If there's a post about something and I've had experience,good or bad,I relay that info.

A kid(19yo) sent me a PM about my Quest because he just bought one from the classifieds and had question while waiting for it to arrive. now we text every now and then and got an invite to Georgia for a hog hunt. There are good people there that appreciate an honest opinion and real help. Though they're few and far between.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt you come acrossed good people every where but the bashing seems to get old fast over there you really have to choose your words carefully and if you one problem with something look out because here comes all the critics to beat up on ya! The martin tech forum is so different there is something for everyone and everybody wants to help you! Thanks to my martin family!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com