Thread: Deciding on NEW/First Bow

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deciding on NEW/First Bow

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get into the sport of archery. I've done my research and know that I want a recurve over compound/Long. I stand about 6'3" 200+ Lbs. From that I've determined my draw length to be 30, and draw weight to be about 40-45#.

What I'm looking for today are recommendations for what I should get as my first bow. I do have a money limit, however I would like your recommendation based with the assumption there is no money limit.
    So far I have been pointed towards the Saber/Jaguar Takedown, the Hunter Recurve, and Dream Catcher Recurve. I would buy the Saber/Jaguar brand new if I did, and the Hunter/Dream Catcher used.

I intend to start off using it for target practice, with the hopes of hunting with it after a couple years.

Thanks ahead of time for any of your help!
    Last edited by Howardryan; 03-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the jaguar take down is a good option . the price isnt bad either. remember you gotta buy arrows,etc too. i think the capability of being able to break it down will enable it to be thrown in the trunk of a car ,or a so-so large duffel etc just makes it more convenient and more likely to have a reason to bring it along. providing you with opportunities to shoot it . a bow you dont have room to bring along is a bow that will just get left in the closet and wont benefit you as much. dont fork out to much dough for your first bow, you will be able to draw a 50 # one day and then you'll be looking for it to add to the collection.