Thread: Rytera vs Martin?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rytera vs Martin?

Always been a huge martin fan and am shopping new ones, havent had a chance to test out any of the ryteras, just looking for feedback as to how these bows stack up against the martins. Better, worse or indifferent, as with any bow i'm sure its mainly shooter preference and what works for the shooter, but just wondering what u people had to say out there. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the bows and compare a2a measurements. Anything with Nitro cams and Hybrix cams a comparable a2a will draw exactly alike. The Onza and Nemisis will shoot almost identically, for example. I can't say about the bows with the FuryXT cam as it is too new. The main difference between the two lines in purely the riser machining, with Rytera having sleeker, more appealing lines. Quality of materials and workmanship will be equal with either.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Look at the bows and compare a2a measurements. Anything with Nitro cams and Hybrix cams a comparable a2a will draw exactly alike. The Onza and Nemisis will shoot almost identically, for example. I can't say about the bows with the FuryXT cam as it is too new. The main difference between the two lines in purely the riser machining, with Rytera having sleeker, more appealing lines. Quality of materials and workmanship will be equal with either.
    This is no lie. When I opened up the Alien X I got, I was just blown away and had to pick my jaw up off the floor. The machining in it is unreal. When it comes to shooting it compared to my Cheetah, there is quite a difference, but that has a lot to do with there being a major weight difference between the two. Newer tech with the Alien also makes a difference, but I love shooting them both.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's guy thing, but when I'm at a shoot and I look across the room and see 2 or 3 guys standing next to my alien Z (looking over every inch of it.) I get all warm and fuzzy Oh yeah, It shoots too! Nice job Rytera......
    2011 Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    Maybe it's guy thing, but when I'm at a shoot and I look across the room and see 2 or 3 guys standing next to my alien Z (looking over every inch of it.) I get all warm and fuzzy Oh yeah, It shoots too! Nice job Rytera......
    My Nemesis also attracts a fair bit of attention on the line(actually it's the only Nemesis on the line). Mine is set up for FITA target shooting and my surelock sight has the green knob kit on it which accessorises the Nemesis nicely.

An archery buddy of mine has just ordered a Nemesis for his young daughter after asking me about mine and the build quality and shooting characteristics.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My archery club's website: www.geelongarchers.page.tl
    Martin Rytera Alien Nemesis.. Trophy Taker Micro rest, Sureloc Supreme 550 sight w/Cartel Scope, 30" Fuse Carbon Blade + v-bar and 2 x 12" Fomax Carbon stabs. Stan Shootoff Quatro Trigger, 450 Carbon Ones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    And their bows' names began with an "H" right? J\K

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post

A.S
    No J/K - true story ... had it happen to me this morning!!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post

A.S
    Any Hoyt shooter not in the know is gonna have to do a double take on the Nemeis. And then they want to argue with you that Hoyt invented the trussed riser!