Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back again guys, need help finding a place to buy a Martin bow...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back again guys, need help finding a place to buy a Martin bow...

The saga continues. I'll spare you all the boring details, let's just say that nobody within two hours of Nashville seems to give a rats arse about selling a Martin bow unless it is a model they currently have on their rack. And for the last time (just in case any of them are lurking here) IF I WANTED TO BUY A STROTHERS BOW I'D BE LOOKING FOR A STROTHERS BOW!!! Feel a little better now. It has gotten beyond frustrating trying to buy a Martin bow. I called Martin the other day asking them what my options were and the guy said I'd be much better off buying through a dealer. So I've spent the last several days trying to find a dealer that would work with me. I just sent Martin an email explaining my frustration and basically throwing myself at their mercy in the hopes that they will deal with me direct since I can't get anyone here locally off their . Anyone have any options? I'm wanting to buy a Cougar FC Pro with skulz camo, dual (cloaked) nitro cams. Where can I find someone that will help me get my hands on one? Life shouldn't be this difficult LOL!
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 04-08-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: foul language

Post Thanks / Like

you can buy off ther web site or call and place a direct order through martin i think.http://www.martinarchery.com/2012/cougar.php
    i know archerx7 is a dealer so you could send him a pm and see if he can order it and ship it to you......but i dont know if that would go against some kind of rule or something.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy on the phone the other day told me I could order directly from them but that it would be significantly less expensive to go through a dealer. My hope is that there is a dealer somewhere that could work with me like you described. I've never had to deal with anyone other than a local dealer before. I could step out on my porch and throw a rock in any direction and hit three Mathews dealers.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya i feel your pain,two dealers i know of has dropped martin,i wont go into details but this a trend in my area.......

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you a PM
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

there are lots of places to buy from online, including ebay:

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/
    http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/
    http://kmarcheryhut.com/
    http://www.bowhuntingoutlet.com/
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com

just to name a few.

I bought my Onza off of sportsmansguide and saved quite a bit there. Just look around, I'm sure you'll find someone that'll work with you. Many of these places are still offering 2011 models for a steal as well discounts on 2012's. Good luck!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Go on archery talk and get a hold of HuntingUSA. Here is the link http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ght=huntingUSA
    He gives out pretty good deals to AT members. Best of luck to you in your search.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

Longshank i thought in your other post you shot some martin bow and had a cougar on the way? Did something happen maybe i missed a thread? It is tough to find dealers in my area closest one to me is an hour forty five! That is why i wound up buying one from dick's plus a friend of mine is the pro there.
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lung Buster View Post
    Longshank i thought in your other post you shot some martin bow and had a cougar on the way? Did something happen maybe i missed a thread? It is tough to find dealers in my area closest one to me is an hour forty five! That is why i wound up buying one from dick's plus a friend of mine is the pro there.
    First off let me apologize for my foul language, I saw where my OP in this thread was edited. I was quite frustrated last night and should have used better judgement. Also I really do appreciate how helpful you guys here have been and how quick you were to accept a new guy to this board. Yeah Lung Buster, I did shoot a cougar at a dealer over in east tn but it wasn't for sale it was somebody's bow that worked there. Also I wanted the skulz camo with the cloaked cams and once it was obvious that I wanted to special order a bow they became noticeably uninterested and really started selling me on the few Martins' they did have in stock and even trying to talk me into to another brand they carried. I don't like it when somebody tries to talk me out of what I want when I'm the customer. I called some other dealers and couldn't get anyone that was interested in helping me out so that led me to where I am now. I've been talking to Hunting USA over on the AT board and it looks like he's going to be able to get me what I want *fingers crossed*.
    Last edited by Longshank; 04-08-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Longshank View Post
    First off let me apologize for my foul language, I saw where my OP in this thread was edited. I was quite frustrated last night and should have used better judgement. Also I really do appreciate how helpful you guys here have been and how quick you were to accept a new guy to this board. Yeah Lung Buster, I did shoot a cougar at a dealer over in east tn but it wasn't for sale it was somebody's bow that worked there. Also I wanted the skulz camo with the cloaked cams and once it was obvious that I wanted to special order a bow they became noticeably uninterested and really started selling me on the few Martins' they did have in stock and even trying to talk me into to another brand they carried. I don't like it when somebody tries to talk me out of what I want when I'm the customer. I called some other dealers and couldn't get anyone that was interested in helping me out so that led me to where I am now. I've been talking to Hunting USA over on the AT board and it looks like he's going to be able to get me what I want *fingers crossed*.
    glad to see you are being taken care of.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version