Thread: Getting ready to set my bengal back up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting ready to set my bengal back up

I should have my bengal back on monday from cs. They put new cams and string on it. I want to set it up my self this time.

The tools I have for bows is very little.
    bow square
    a hutchandson hooter shotter (ty bill for the plains for it)
    a half complete bow press. made the finger but having a hard time finding the correct square stock.

well here is my first question in what is going to be a long line of questions.
    first question is my dl. My wing spand is 70" from tip to tip of my fingers. I divide that by 2.5. So my dl should be 28". please correct me if iam wrong.
    2nd puting the bow in to spec. Should this be done before or after you move the string to post 3.
    going to buy a bow square to set nock point and buy some cord for loop.
    last question been thinking of shooting with my fingers. The release gets on my nerves. Is it harder to us your fingers verses a release.

more questions coming soon.
    Last edited by motohead1967; 04-01-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't seen it before, here is a link to The Nuts & Bolts of Archery from AT. It is a pdf and I have a copy saved on my computer to use as a reference. It is 159 pages and I am too cheap to buy that much ink, so I jus open it and use it on the computer. http://archeryhistory.com/archerytal...of_Archery.pdf also, fomr this forum a link to the Easton tuning guide http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...ing-Guide-Link
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    If you haven't seen it before, here is a link to The Nuts & Bolts of Archery from AT. It is a pdf and I have a copy saved on my computer to use as a reference. It is 159 pages and I am too cheap to buy that much ink, so I jus open it and use it on the computer. http://archeryhistory.com/archerytal...of_Archery.pdf also, fomr this forum a link to the Easton tuning guide http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...ing-Guide-Link
    ty need all the help I can get. will save it. and yes ink cost. That is a grate link iam printing it out know. Good reading ty again
    Last edited by motohead1967; 04-01-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

On the Fury cam setups, the "specs" are original setup on the first peg, so I would set the bow to "spec" before changing to another peg. (it will change the ATA and BH) If somebody has more or different info, please ring in here on this; I'm kinda wingin it from one setup...

You are correct in your numbers for your draw length, but remember, that is just a ballpark, not your actual draw length. You'll need to tweak it after you set it so that its a comfortable fit for you.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    On the Fury cam setups, the "specs" are original setup on the first peg, so I would set the bow to "spec" before changing to another peg. (it will change the ATA and BH) If somebody has more or different info, please ring in here on this; I'm kinda wingin it from one setup...

You are correct in your numbers for your draw length, but remember, that is just a ballpark, not your actual draw length. You'll need to tweak it after you set it so that its a comfortable fit for you.
    ty will put to spec be for starting anything. My dl was set by my dealer and I was told it was to short and then I was told it was to long. This is Y iam doing this my self this time. hope I get it right. Well I should say with the help of the good peaple here I will get it right this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Set up

Hope you don't mind that I follow your post. My Martin dealer closed so would like to do same. Need to order strings from Hutch, and would like to attempt to install myself and learn how to setup properly.
    Thanks,
    Notes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notes View Post
    Hope you don't mind that I follow your post. My Martin dealer closed so would like to do same. Need to order strings from Hutch, and would like to attempt to install myself and learn how to setup properly.
    Thanks,
    Notes
    I dont mind. I was hoping to get my bow back today but it is going to be the 5th before it get here. That is what one of the hardest working man at martin told me. "Joel" It will give me more time to read all the bow tuning stuff in the link above.