Thread: LYNX XRG by Martin

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default LYNX XRG by Martin

Does anyone have any information about this bow? Around how much does it cost and does it make a good hunting bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man,welcome to the Tech Forums.

You're in for some surprises when asking about the Lynx XRG. For one thing the only way you're going to get one is to buy it used. The Lynx XRG is a bow from the early
    90's. The Lynx was made in several models with the XRG designating that it had laminated recurve limbs. It also had steel cables and tri-draw wheels with 50 and 65% letoff (adjustable), common for that era. I believe the axle to axle length was 43".

What does one cost? Whatever you'd be willing to pay, but bows that old should sell for no more than $100 with $50 to $75 being a common asking price.

Bows from that era weren't nearly as fast as tody's compounds, but they can still make good hunting bows. You can expect speed of somewhere around 200 fps to 230 fps depending on the arrow weight and setup in general. Is this enough for hunting? Absolutely. I shot bows from the 70's with arrow speeds around 190 fps to 200 fps and killed my deer just as dead as bows shooting 100 fps faster.

Just one word of caution. Most bows from that era were only adjustable up or down one inch from their stated draw length so be sure you know what length fits you before you buy.

You might be better served asking about the bow on www.archerytalk.com. In fact, do a search on Lynx XRG and there should be plenty of info for you.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! This helps a lot.