Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cam lean on onza 3

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb cam lean on onza 3

chaning strings & calbe guard on onza 3 ! bottem cam lean so bad power calbe rubbing bottem draw mod. anyone have this happen ? anyone try to make slip harness work on cat cam . First post about this got lost. have talk with joel already.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you post some pics of the problem area and one of the string line. Than might help to see what is the problem is

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, pictures would be very useful in helping you and others in the future. While you at it please tell us the outcome of your converstaion with Joel.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default cam lean

can't send pictures on the way to disazy world thur dallas. only anwer from joel was to send the bow in (pig hunt in one week). remenber this post when missing had to reword and repost

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem had to send it back to martin.waiting to get back it been a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tvs View Post
    can't send pictures on the way to disazy world thur dallas. only anwer from joel was to send the bow in (pig hunt in one week). remenber this post when missing had to reword and repost
    well joel is the big wig you know. if you bash the products which are the livelihood of his company that wont fly far here. that isnt why they maintain this website. I would just consider the cancellation of the pighunt due to unforseen circumstances and enjoy dizzney , stay n hit sea world too , then send it in to them. i mean that is what they requested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tvs View Post
    chaning strings & calbe guard on onza 3 ! bottem cam lean so bad power calbe rubbing bottem draw mod. anyone have this happen ? anyone try to make slip harness work on cat cam . First post about this got lost. have talk with joel already.
    Could you explain a little more. When did the cam lean occur? After you changed the strings and cable guard? Or was it there already - since the bow was new or only later?

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

The bow that tvs is talking about is mine. He is currrently in Florida on vacation so here is what I can tell you about the situation.

Had a broken strand in shooting string, also had original TRG still on bow. Had taken the SOS off and installed a string stop on lower riser already. Was going to swap out the TRG for the straight rod and cable slide that they are now using. But now apparently when drawing the bow with the rod and slide system the cable rubs the side of the cam. But he said it doesn't do it with the original TRG installed. He talked to Joel and they were going to send cams out but he is thinking it is a limb issue and not cam issue. I have a hog hunt that is paid for already coming up on April 23rd so no time to send in to Martin at this time. So the original TRG is installed again and will send it in to them when I get back from my hunt.

So there is the rest of the story as best I can tell it. If I didn't have this hunt coming up it would of been shipped to Martin on monday. Just couldn't chance it not getting back in time. I know they will remedy the situation on the bow when they get it up there so no problems there at all. You guys have a great day and thanks for the responses.

Oh and Madman, he wasn't bashing Joel or Martin at all. He does a lot of business with them and everything is good. But it looks like I need to set down with him and teach him to type and spell. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

That clears things up considerably! Good luck on your pig hunt and with your bow problems
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not real worried about the deal. It will be taken care of all in good time. If he hadn't of been changing the strings and cables along with the cable slide it wouldn't of been noticed. There are times I wish they had a yoke system on them to where you could twist up one side or the other to help with cam lean and such. I know I want them to check the shims on the cams when it gets there also. Just seems like where the center shot is after using laser alignment tool on it is way outside. Does anyone know the approx. distance from riser to center of arrow on the Onza for center shot? Thanks