Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cam lean on onza 3

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

the question is still has any one tried to make a slip harness work on cat cams. i can't spell but can read . Just thinking someone may have played with this. madman have been with martin starting in 1986 and still best bow for money!

Post Thanks / Like

By saying slip harness are you asking about s floating yoke system like Hoyt uses or are you asking about a split yoke system like had been on most dual cams in th past? I haven't tried it and don't know if it could be done, but I have thought about it in the past. Just haven't taken the steps to really look and see if it can be done.

I'm trying to visualize what your problem is. If the cable is rubbing the cam then I would think there's a lot o side loading from the cable rod/slide or you have a weak limb fork. Just for info just how much clearance is there between the cable the fletching? It should be about 1/8" or a little more. Actually the less the better. Most of the bows I saw with the TRG, IMO, had too much clearance. When drawn the cables come in closer to center, but end up about where they should be at rest. This is just an opinion of mine though, and one reason I wasn't too hot about the TRG.

What you might want to try is a doglegged (bent) cable rod ajusted to get the cables closer to minimum fletching clearance and see if this helps. If you can post pics I would also like to see what's going on to see if I'm right. There's also the possibility that I'm wrong, but a pic would ease my mind about that, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

bfisher,
    We did that with my old Firecat when they came out with the Cat cam. Took the straight rod off and put on an old bent arm and slide. Sure seemed like it took a lot of lean out of it. We are thinking there is a weak limb tip also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tvs View Post
    the question is still has any one tried to make a slip harness work on cat cams. i can't spell but can read . Just thinking someone may have played with this. madman have been with martin starting in 1986 and still best bow for money!
    I am still confused because the C.A.T. cams do not use a 'yoke' system so - what do you mean by 'slip harness' ??

Post Thanks / Like

Red face yoke

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I am still confused because the C.A.T. cams do not use a 'yoke' system so - what do you mean by 'slip harness' ??
    this has been fun but , i now know know this has not been tried i may be the first thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this happen on two bows so far tvs. the problem is the bushings are not square in the cam. u NEED new cam. I proved this by swapping out first the limb because i thought the axle holes might be off a few thousandths but found that swapping out the cam was the fix. both mine were bottom cams. and the cam actually rubbed the inside of the limb fork. makes u wonder, WHERE'S THE QUALITY CONTROL.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks but how do tell they are not right