Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a bow for my fiance

Post Thanks / Like

how about a leopard? someone has to have a leftover in stock.
    2011 silencer
    2008 trophy hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crossfire...

My wife's CrossFire suite her well, and with her loghter arrows and low draw weight she is as accurate as can be!

Quote Originally Posted by jrlyman View Post
    Any thoughts on the Prowler Pro with the Fury xt cam and 50 lb limbs? Her draw needs to be measured but its probably about 24", so the bow might just adjust enough to fit her (we'd definitely check before any money is spent. She's quite petite so she'd never pull more than 50 lbs, so thats why I am thinking the light limbs. And then the bow would I guess adjust all the way down to 15 lbs... Though she'd probably shoot it at no less than 25.

Anyone have any experience setting up one of these bows short and light? How did it shoot? I think it would probably be better to get something more directly aimed towards a short length low weight archer, but I can't help wondering about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    ur banned!

Enough joking for me, going to bed now.
    We know you're joking so no harm done. As for banning anybody over this? Ain't gonna happen. I see nothing wrong with making suggestions that would benefit another archer, whether it be a Martin bow or not. Afterall, archers helping archersis what this site is about. If Martin doesn't make a suitable bow for somebody's purpose then help a guy or gal out.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    We know you're joking so no harm done. As for banning anybody over this? Ain't gonna happen. I see nothing wrong with making suggestions that would benefit another archer, whether it be a Martin bow or not. Afterall, archers helping archersis what this site is about. If Martin doesn't make a suitable bow for somebody's purpose then help a guy or gal out.
    Ur banned too!! But true story, regardless of this being a Martin based forum, that is what sets us apart from the other locations. Frankly I don't know squat about bow that are more geared/suited towards women, so this is a good thread for me to just read with what people come up with.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Yea what about the leopard are they not availible? They are designed for young shooters and small framed shooters right?
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver

2010 Martin Bone Hunter
    QAD Ultra rest LD
    AXT Pro 30 3 pin sight
    Bow String Depot Custom String Set
    5" Octane Ultralite stabilizer
    Octane Deadlock Lite Quiver

Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't ban me DP,but I bought a Mission Craze for the wife,light weight,with lots of adjust-ability to fit any-one.She loves it,I think she shoots more than me now.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Please don't ban me DP,but I bought a Mission Craze for the wife,light weight,with lots of adjust-ability to fit any-one.She loves it,I think she shoots more than me now.
    We won't ban you but will sugest that you should eat an onion to get the taste of that other M brand out of your mouth. As for Leopards, found two of them on fleabay, one used and one new in box, here's a link to 'em!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Leopa...item3f168dd1a1 This is the used one.

And the new in box bow, ships free.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Leopa...item5649d576bc
    Good luck!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nuker View Post
    Bowtech Heartbreaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdodraw29 View Post
    bear siren?
    I didn't see this. LOL J/K

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    We won't ban you but will sugest that you should eat an onion to get the taste of that other M brand out of your mouth.
    Now that was funny!! LOL

@ OP All the bows suggested here should be great, now it's going to be personal preference.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    We won't ban you but will sugest that you should eat an onion to get the taste of that other M brand out of your mouth. As for Leopards, found two of them on fleabay, one used and one new in box, here's a link to 'em!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Leopa...item3f168dd1a1 This is the used one.

And the new in box bow, ships free.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Leopa...item5649d576bc
    Good luck!
    YES Fleabay has stuck!! I WIN! All in good humor, I've heard the Misson Craze is a nice bow for youth/women. Nothing wrong with going with something that fits best for the shooter, but as a Martin diehard ... I gotta get my jab in. No ill will
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff