Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking about a bow for my fiance

Post Thanks / Like

Not to add more fuel to this fire, but I bought one of the Diamond Razors Edge for my wife. The Short ATA, relatively light weight, and high weight adjustability (30-60#), adjustable draw mods, and availabilty were the selling points for us. She didn't start out very strong, but eventually wants to hunt, so we needed a large weight adjustment. Price isn't bad either.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to some shops and looked around. Didn't like the Razor's Edge because the cable on the top cam can come off so easily. But she really fell in love with the Bear Homewrecker. It looks like a good solid affordable bow. We'll probably take one home with us the next time we visit the shop. I only wish I could get joelc as the customer service behind the Bear bow...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdodraw29 View Post
    bear siren?
    yes bear makes several lower poundage lower price bows that a woman can shoot. after much research and no luck with martin for this years line of bows (im not knocking martin, there obviously for men ) to the petiteness of my girlfriend im seriously looking into the bear outbreak, very adjustable 15-70 lbs, its right under 30"ata, 3.5 lbs, drawlenght i think is 22 or 24 to 30. so its a very adjustable bow, and the best part is , its a 300 dollar bow. you can get it with a rest, stabilizer, sight, wristling, and nock loop for 400, cant beat that price. ibo 310fps. the siren is long, 3.8lbs, max draw is 50lbs, and ibo is 300. and is like 600 or 700 dollars, in my opinion for a small frame weaker bow, thats kind of bad to pay that much, its basically kids version of the bear anarchy that cost 150 cheaper.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrlyman View Post
    We went to some shops and looked around. Didn't like the Razor's Edge because the cable on the top cam can come off so easily. But she really fell in love with the Bear Homewrecker. It looks like a good solid affordable bow. We'll probably take one home with us the next time we visit the shop. I only wish I could get joelc as the customer service behind the Bear bow...
    oh crap i forgot to mention that one, that is the other bow by bear with good adjustability, i just think the outbreak is a better deal because its cheaper and more adjustable. it just doesnt have pink and its kind of ugly, chances are she may not like it, but its cheaper, and faster 310 ibo compared to 280 with the homewrecker

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atavio View Post
    My wife's CrossFire suite her well, and with her loghter arrows and low draw weight she is as accurate as can be!
    id love to hear about the crossfire, i have never met anyone on this sight who owns one. does it shoot faster than the claimed ibo, because it has dual nitro 2.0 cams, and speedwieghts on the strings, yet the sight claims 320fps, so in other words if i put dual nitro 2.0 cams on my exile with the speedweights on the string, i would still only get 320 ibo. something isnt right