Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timing of 2011 Nitro Cams

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - back the limb bolts out till the rigging is loose then take the cable off the outer post of the cam and add 2 twists tighter to it.
    Do the same to the other cable on the other cam.
    Then tighten your limb bolts all the way back in and see what the measurement is from the post to the cable.
    If it is at 1/8" - then measure your axle to axle and see if it is still in spec.
    If ata is short - back the limb bolts out again and take one twist out of the shooting string.
    Tighten it up and check again.

After you add the initial twists to the cables and tighten it back up - you will be able to see the amount of change it made and will
    know what to do to get it where you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

After getting the cams wrapped up and the ata on spec - then you will want to make sure they are timed together (at full draw)
    like shown in the video posted earlier.
    To adjust that you just add a half to one twist to one cable, or take a half or full out of the other cable will you get both modules
    hitting at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kinda making sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Yes - back the limb bolts out till the rigging is loose then take the cable off the outer post of the cam and add 2 twists tighter to it.
    Do the same to the other cable on the other cam.
    Then tighten your limb bolts all the way back in and see what the measurement is from the post to the cable.
    If it is at 1/8" - then measure your axle to axle and see if it is still in spec.
    If ata is short - back the limb bolts out again and take one twist out of the shooting string.
    Tighten it up and check again.

After you add the initial twists to the cables and tighten it back up - you will be able to see the amount of change it made and will
    know what to do to get it where you want it.
    When you are referring to the outer post of the cams are you referring to the cam post that is outside (or above the limb) of the limb vs. the cable post that is on the interior of the limb?
    Everything else is clear, but I am not quite understanding the outer post!
    Thanks, great info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwhntr7973 View Post
    When you are referring to the outer post of the cams are you referring to the cam post that is outside (or above the limb) of the limb vs. the cable post that is on the interior of the limb?
    Everything else is clear, but I am not quite understanding the outer post!
    Thanks, great info!
    P1020111.jpg

There you go
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    P1020111.jpg

There you go
    Which proves again just how useful pictures can be. Good job.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sweet!

Awesome! That is the post I thought you were talking about but wasn't positive. That definitely helps out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwhntr7973 View Post
    Awesome! That is the post I thought you were talking about but wasn't positive. That definitely helps out!
    What we're all here for Learned a ton over the past year from all the guys here and that has helped me pay it forward.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

So if I put my bow in the press and add a couple of twists to the power cables it will bring the post closer to the cable? I just put new cables and string on my Onza and the posts are approx 1/4" from post to cable right now. They are even on both sides but still a wider gap than 1/8" that is needed. Man I love this tech forum for this type of information.

Much Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

adding twists to the cables will move the posts closer to the limbs, so "optimal" would be about 1/8" gap between the post and the limb. However, that is just one visual cue to watch. You should still make sure that the cams are timed correctly and that your draw weight, ATA and Brace are in spec... remember, adding twists to your cables will raise your draw weight, shorten your ATA, and lengthen your Brace.So pay attention to them and try to keep them in line with spec.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

So I did a little tuning on the Onza today. I put twists in the power cables and they now have just over 1/8" gap. The poundage I thought I'd lost when new strings and cables were installed is back. As well as the ATA and brace height being correct. The bow draws smoother and is much quieter than before. Thanks for all the help guys.