Thread: Tuning question...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuning question...

I have had my Onza for about a week now and have a question for the tuning gurus... I had to go with 50lbs on my hunting bow due to a bad shoulder and really wanted to shoot a good fixed blade broadhead. This bow is shooting awesome with perfect arrow flight with field tips but broadheads shoot low. The arrow is just about dead level on the string, which would mean I would have to have a nock low arrow for the broadheads to shoot correctly. My question is... can I adjust the cam timing to slove for the low broadhead flight?
    M4L

Post Thanks / Like

I would think you would be better off making fine adjustments to your rest/nock heights to bring them closer together rather than having your cams out of sync. Just my thought.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I think your right! After I posted this I went outside to try one more time with one of the best flying broadheads of all time, the 100 grain three blade Muzzy. Bear in mind we can bait in SC and my longest shot is around 15 yards. I shot at 12 to 20 yards,,, at 20 i'm about three inches low,,, at 12-15 i'm dead on... go figure?? Anyway the arrow looks to be flying pretty nice with the Muzzy, so I think i'll quit worrying about it.
    M4L

Post Thanks / Like

I have always shot 125 thunderheads i paper tuned my bow and it drove tacks at twenty five yards with field points as soon as i put my broad heads on shot 2" low and to the left made adjustments and could not get them together so i switched to the trophy ridfe hammerhead expandables and they shoot exactly like my field points. I probably could have left it the way it was but i hunt alot of natural stands so some of my shots are 30 to 35 yards and i dont want any room for error! By the way killed three deer with the hammerheads and they shread every thing when they go through a deer.
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver

2010 Martin Bone Hunter
    QAD Ultra rest LD
    AXT Pro 30 3 pin sight
    Bow String Depot Custom String Set
    5" Octane Ultralite stabilizer
    Octane Deadlock Lite Quiver

Truball stinger release