Thread: Local 3D Shoots

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local 3D Shoots

I was doing some thinking today about how blessed I am to be in an area that is flush with archery and sportsmen clubs that put on 3D shoots. Just using 3Dshoots.com and my memory I set a mental 50 mile radius or about a 1 hr drive from my house and started listing what I know and could find. The tally so far is 50 clubs. I know there are more that I'm not thinking about and some I may not even have heard of.

The point is that some time during the spring and summer it is possible for me to attend about 2 shoots every weekend and drive a total of less than 100 miles round trip. The I think about guys on the internet stating that the nearest shoot they can attend is several hours away. Yes sir, I need to get shooting more than I do. There are people to meet.

Thanks for listening.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I was just informed of that sight late last year and holy cow is it nice. There are sooooo many more shoots near me that I never knew about. Definitely plan to get out a lot more this spring/summer than I did last year to shoot as much as I can.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You're kidding, right? I thought everybody knew about www.3dshoots.com. Had I known I would have posted the address a lot sooner.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You're kidding, right? I thought everybody knew about www.3dshoots.com. Had I known I would have posted the address a lot sooner.
    I didn't start shooting 3Ds until last year ... I'm a late bloomer outside of hunting
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Barry,
    It's the same for me. I can shoot a 3-D every weekend year round, and they are all within about a 45 min. drive.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

It is nice having so many monthly events that you have a hard time deciding on which one to attend..very fortunate myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Went to a local shoot (120 miles round trip) today. Long, a hot 93, hard, and very physical. We have to shoot the unlimited class because of our adjustable HHA's and a release. We were the only two bows dressed for hunting, all the others were either sponsored shooters or wanna be sponsored shooters with 36" stabs, rear down bars, micro adjustable sights, and "M" "B" or "H" shooter shirts.

I took second among our group of 8, a 16 year old got me by 15. There were 15 in my class and I ended up 7th overall. The wife finished 5th in the group and 3rd in her class of 7. We (our group) shoots straight up, NO MULLIGANS and all the clowns in the open class buy 2 each so we both feel great on the class outcome. Gotta thank Hutch again for the wifes strings. Whisper quiet, cool to look at, and more importantly, the extra confidence she has with a custom string.

I was the only Martin , I'd guess 175 shooters based on the scoreboard. I did see an older lady shooting a Mystic all dolled up. Like many other comments on 3D shooting, I had a hard time with distance over 40 yards and we had 8 targets between 40-70 yards. The Firecat is such a joy to shoot and lights out 0-40. May start looking for 55-70 limbs & see what happens. I'm basing this theory on my Bowtech's performance. I can be off by + or -8 yards on my distance and it's so fast & flat it usually goes where I'm wanting it to. Also loving the easy draw cycle so I may just find a 55-70 Ridge hunter for that extra umph.

Going to another one in Reno next sunday

Genny's best shoot yet.
    Last edited by NuttyNative; 04-24-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Photo
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel