Thread: $#%#@^& weather

Post Thanks / Like

Default $#%#@^& weather

I've been working my butt off getting my bow ready. Tore it down to the bare riser, put it all back together, new rest, new tied string nocks, new d-loop.... Got it sighted in last night. Went out this morning to double check. Half dozen or so deer never blinked until I went to pull arrows. Yeah, kind of early, but dang! Overcast! Humidity! Lord! Checks done I figured to hit the 3D course....and it's misting....As I type, 9:03 am, it's still dang overcast and by the weather channel maybe outright rain. Maybe tomorrow...Might slip over to the club for the Club meeting....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping that you catch a break in the weather Sonny, but the Weather Channel is usually pretty acurate. I have the NOAA site on my toolbar, which tells me that a couple of ballgames will be postponed, already cancelled one last night. Poured all afternoon!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Got to the club around 10 am and the temp started dropping and then breeze right out of the North. It was warm enough early I wore shorts, t-shirt and a light vest to sight in. And I began sweating as soon as I was in the house. Right now the furnace running!!!!

Supposed to be...51 degrees tomorrow if it doesn't snow.......

Post Thanks / Like

Just great.....Frost everywhere....24 degrees...and 40 targets...I don't know...Heavy coat...Might go fling a few arrows...40? I don't think so....

Post Thanks / Like

4/14/14....Nice date....IF IT WASN'T SNOWING! Yeah, around 7 this morning, 41 degrees, temperature dropping all day. Now down to 34 degrees and snow flakes big enough at times to blast with a shotgun. Snow beginning to build on the rails of our deck....

Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for you Sonny, because 75 degrees and shorts was great today.LOL A/C was on in the car too on the way home.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Harassment even...

8. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Harassment even...
    Yeah and to the point of excessive A/C usage, like he really needed it at 75 degrees! Roll the window down. Kids...just gotta play with their toys..
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Yeah and to the point of excessive A/C usage, like he really needed it at 75 degrees! Roll the window down. Kids...just gotta play with their toys..
    I could have used the moon roof and windows on the way home, but didn't want wind noise.LOL I do like my new toy.....

Oh yeah, keep in mind that I'm still used to below zero and single digit temps.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was out opening a pool yesterday in the 33 degree temps with rain and snow. 25 this morning when I left for work at 6 am. 57 tonight when I got home at 6:30.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.