Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand New To This sight and to Martin......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brand New To This sight and to Martin......

Hello,
    As my user name implies I am from Vermont. I have just purchased a dicks "Bone Hunter" which I am now learning is a Martin Cheetah. I am happy that I got a ready to shoot Bow for $300. I am even happier to find out that it is actually basically the same bow as a popular model. I am not concerned with the fact that it is from 09 because it is replacing a 10 year old PSE compound therefore anything is an upgrade.
    i
    The Bow is going to my favorite local store for setup as I do not trust the guys at Dicks to tell a bow from a hole in the ground (please advise if you know differently). I basically wanted to introduce myself here and open myself to any advice etc that can be given. I plan to hunt Deer and the occasional VT black bear. I have bear on my property in Vermont and while it is safe for a bow or a firearm shot neighbors I am sure would prefer the bow.

Thanks and Happy Shooting, Vermonter

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum vermonter!! You have an excellent bow, and no, I don't trust Dick's either. Stick around here, and you'll learn anything you need/want to know about Martin Archery.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome...............

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Neighbor!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hutch

You say neighbor... What neck of the woods might I find you in?

Post Thanks / Like

We are in Gilmanton, New Hampshire.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum and a sweet shootin bow. Your assessment of Dick's "pro's" (as well as most other box store pro's) is spot on. We LOVE bow pics! Hutch is slackin. He usually asks first.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome vermonter...Lots of great info on this sight and a couple of good guys w/ opinions; just a couple. lol
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friendly Group...

Wow you are all friendly. It is good to hear about the north east connection and this forum. I will gladly post some pics as soon as I am all set up. My appointment with Marts Sporting Goods in Poultney VT is today at 4 so shortly after that I suppose. I plan on making a purchase from him of some sort or another as well as paying for his time to set up the bow correctly. Hopefully my arrows should still work as my draw length has not changed.

Regards, Vermonter

Post Thanks / Like

These guys know to behave themselves or I'll be hammering them with an iron fist. Right guys? LOL!!! Seriously, it's just a nice bunch of people on here and I enjoy being of service for them. You're as welcome as any of them. Join the party.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver