Thread: I Like it!. Bohning The stripper.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Like it!. Bohning The stripper.

I got this order in from South shore Archery supply. Jerry is a great guy and I've heard great things about his SSAS Glue. It costs 2-3 times less than the competitions. You don't pay for the advertising on this glue. I bought some AAE hunter vanes too to try out. I find AAE vanes easier to work with and the bases seem to be user friendly.

I've been using a razor blade for many years to remove wraps and fletching. It was very time consuming. Not any more. This Stripper tool from Bohning works great and it doesn't cost a lot. I wished I bought this a long time ago. If your gonna do your own fletching I recommend that you buy a tool like this to cut down on the elbow grease. It took me about 30 seconds to strip some vanes off with no wraps. It too me a bit longer to strip vanes off with wraps, maybe 1 1/2 minutes. I still need to remove the wrap adhesive. It usually took me a lot of time peeling the stuff off even after I placed the wraps in hot water. I have about 2 dozen good arrows with old, or damaged vanes or vanes I don't like that I will be stripping. This tool is worth the money.

Three arrows in the pic. Top is the one with some Fusion vanes that I'm not too excited about.
    The second arrows had a wrap and fusion vanes on it. The tool easily removed both without gouging the carbon.
    The bottom arrow had some 2 inch vanes on it and came off easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a before and after pic after using the Stripper.

I'm really liking these AAE vanes. They are so easy to use. The bases are great.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a vegetable peeler to strip my fletching, I thought it was a great idea....the wife was not so impressed. It may be time to invest in a tool like that.
    2011 silencer
    2008 trophy hunter

Post Thanks / Like

The stripper is worth the 10-11 bucks I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to hijack the thread but I too am impressed with the SSAS glue. I talked with Jerry about this about a year or so back. He assured me this was good stuff, comparing it to what B.....G sells from much more money. I bought a bottle and used it to install my Bi-Delta vanes and haven't had even one start to come loose, let alone come off, even after some pass-through target shots and hay bales. I will definitely buy this glue again if needed.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey DS, when it gets dull I popped it open and re sharpened the blade. Then I super glued it back together. Works well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hey DS, when it gets dull I popped it open and re sharpened the blade. Then I super glued it back together. Works well.

Hutch